Today's JAZZ playlist

ONE Vinyl selection then I'm headed to KSDS to join @Old Guy8

LIonel Hampton - Soft Vibes, Soaring Strings

IMG_20180508_165845.jpg

I may jump on that, OG. It's pretty sad when you have FOUR streaming services (Apple Music, Slacker, Amazon Prime Music Unlimited, Google Play Music) and you would rather just listen to FM streaming.

I've said for a while I have to get rid of 90 percent of my music streaming services. Just can't decide. They all have advantages and disadvantages.

First your not asking. I maybe don't want a monthly subscription cost to justify to myself or SWMBO. Or don't want to put foot in and get use to the ease of it. Or, ask myself why if you have TTs. Not sure why, I have not.
FM does sound very good, and I let someone else getup. Just get past as few commercials on some. Some good programming there.

Last edited:
First your not asking. I maybe don't want a monthly subscription cost to justify to myself or SWMBO. Or don't want to put foot in and get use to the ease of it. Or, ask myself why if you have TTs. Not sure why, I have not.
FM does sound very good, and I let someone else getup. Just get past as few commercials on some. Some good programming there.

Streaming services are nice if you want to SELECT albums or music and let them play without commercials. But no one talks about the music, and I miss that. A live DJ is something I really enjoy, as long as he/she knows their stuff and just doesn't talk for the sake of talking.

Most streaming services are selective. But I do have Slacker's RADIO subscription for only $25 for the year. You can't SELECT SONGS, you just SELECT STATIONS, kind of like Music Choice on your TV. But you can SKIP songs in the stations you choose as many times as you want. They have a station, "Late Night Jazz" that's awesome for sleeping. They also have the "Blue Note 75" station hosted by Don Was the president of Blue Note where he plays what he feels are the top 75 songs from the Blue Note catalog, and comments about some of them and the back-stories about some.

I guess the only one I really need to keep is Slacker because it's dirt cheap. We'll see. I'm paying $30 a month for the other three. That's too much. And I really don't use them much. TuneIn Radio is free, with hundreds of Jazz stations from around the world.

Archie Shepp - Four For Trane (Impulse)
shepp.jpg
First couple of bars into Track 1, i'm digging this all the way!!! Surprisingly accessible and swinging!
Archie Shepp - Tenor
John Tchicai - Alto
Alan Shorter - Trumpet
Roswell Rudd - Trombone
Reggie Workman - Bass
Charles Moffett - Drums

Last edited:
First time listening to this. I've seen it posted many a time and heard it today Forest Flower on Sirius while driving. Just had to hear more!

Charles Lloyd at Monterey - Forest Flower

View attachment 1287025

Welcome to the club. :thumbsup:

Another of my regrets in missing Jazz Legends perform live is not going to see Lloyd when I had the chance in NY City at Dizzy's Club Coca Cola. What a shame to have missed that opportunity.

Oooo...that looks very good. Never seen that one before. :beatnik:

Welcome to the club. :thumbsup:

Another of my regrets in missing Jazz Legends perform live is not going to see Lloyd when I had the chance in NY City at Dizzy's Club Coca Cola. What a shame to have missed that opportunity.

Thanks BB! I love the vibe of the album. Need to get it on vinyl...mono of course. :naughty:

Back
Top Bottom