Today's JAZZ playlist

I know I should be posting this question on one of the systems forums, which I may do later, but I trust you guys. So here goes...

Looking into purchasing a digital music server (CD ripper/streamer, etc.). Want to begin converting my CD collection (3,000+ discs) to FLAC. A couple of possible units are the Cocktail Audio X12 and the Brennan B2, although neither has stellar reviews.

Any recommendations? I know lots of you have gone through this process, so just looking to tap that wisdom.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, ideas!
The Blue Sound Vault might work for you.

http://www.bluesound.com/en-us/products/vault-2/

jwztPFR.jpg

Anyone familiar with the new MQA-CD High Rez CD from Japan? They are fully backward compatible to regular CD players, with Master Quality Authenticated encoding to play in High Rez mode.

Article: HERE

We've probably already talked about this, but I don't recall the conversation if we did.

MQA seems a very polarizing subject on Audio Forums.

Personally I enjoy it even when just software decoded 24/96 from Tidal. I find it easy to listen to and quite "analogish".

I have heard it fully decoded on several systems and eventually I will get a MQA capable DAC, got sidetracked by messing with records a lot lately....

I guess you really should listen to some to see what you think about it.

Eric

MQA seems a very polarizing subject on Audio Forums.

Personally I enjoy it even when just software decoded 24/96 from Tidal. I find it easy to listen to and quite "analogish".

I have heard it fully decoded on several systems and eventually I will get a MQA capable DAC, got sidetracked by messing with records a lot lately....

I guess you really should listen to some to see what you think about it.

Eric

That doesn't surprise me that it's polarizing. Throw out a subject on most Forums and you have heated debate. Personally, I'm fed up to my eyeballs with that kind of stuff, so I really don't bother even reading most Forums any longer, except for this one. I try and get most of my Audio knowledge from magazines and online sources other than Forums.

Funny. The first thing I thought of when I started really thinking about MQA is, "Damn, now I need an MQA DAC!" Well, that's what keeps the hobby interesting. It's certainly better than it being a stagnant avocation.

Thanks Eric.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom