Today's JAZZ playlist

vvIrgF0.png

Yes, you'd have to isolate yourself a bit. Everyone and their brother in your life would have their hand out for a Mil her and a Mil there.

Investing in a Blue Note JAZZ CLUB would be a blast. You'd get to see live Jazz performances, and MEET the performers because you owned the club. Putting one in Disney Village would certainly guarantee a full house every night. That place is wall to wall tourists. With that kind of money, you have a world of possibilities.
I'd do all kinds of things to try and fly under the radar.
I'd still be buying my pants at Mark's Work Wearhouse, cutting my own hair, etc. I'd also probably throw as much $$ that was required to completely overhaul 'Hodges', except the paint job. Who would suspect a rich dude would drive a '98 Jeep?:rflmao:
As for the leaches? I've never had a tough time cutting bait with people that have it coming. I'd be generous with those that deserve it, and the rest can pound sand.

I'd still be buying my pants at Mark's Work Wearhouse, cutting my own hair, etc. I'd also probably throw as much $$ that was required to completely overhaul 'Hodges', except the paint job. Who would suspect a rich dude would drive a '98 Jeep?:rflmao:
As for the leaches? I've never had a tough time cutting bait with people that have it coming. I'd be generous with those that deserve it, and the rest can pound sand.

Had to look up Marks. Around here we have Blains Farm & Fleet. They add Farm supplies, tires and hardware to mix. They are in many small towns.

KSDS San Diego to start afternoon.

Sorry about the OT but we are all family here;

I hear that. I was an owner in a company years ago where we needed venture financing. We ran into a guy that looked like he couldn't finance a trip to McDonalds. His hair was disheveled, he wore old faded jeans and a work shirt, and he drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a cracked windshield that was about 15 years old. I almost didn't want to continue the meeting (at our office) because I thought the guy was a joke. Yet the guy financed us up to the eyeballs without batting an eye.

I remember when he gave us our initial check, it was a PERSONAL check with HIS name on it (no company name) and his home address. Just like he was paying the electric bill, except with three extra zeroes on the amount. I still remember bringing it to the bank almost expecting it not to be good. But the teller, when I got there, had a very serious face when she saw the check. I asked her half jokingly, "Is the check actually going to go through?"

She said, "Oh, yes sir. That is a good check."

The guy was a multi-multi-millionaire and he looked like a bum off the street. Changed my perception of wealth big time.

Last edited:
I'd join you in that jazz club investment , If had capitol. They just couldn't depend on my business decisions for survival.

For that kind of money, I'd hire a guy to run it. Some restauranteur with club experience. I'd just put in my 2 cents for Jazz/Blues bands to play there, and I'd show up to meet the talent on debut night. Shouldn't be a problem getting GREAT talent to Orlando. Not like Hawaii where it's a 10 hour flight from the East coast.

I hear that. I was an owner in a company years ago where we needed venture financing. We ran into a guy that looked like he couldn't finance a trip to McDonalds. His hair was disheveled, he wore old faded jeans and a work shirt, and he drove a Jeep Grand Cherokee with a cracked windshield that was about 15 years old. I almost didn't want to continue the meeting (at our office) because I thought the guy was a joke. Yet the guy financed us up to the eyeballs without batting an eye.

I remember when he gave us our initial check, it was a PERSONAL check with HIS name on it (no company name) and his home address. Just like he was paying the electric bill, except with three extra zeroes on the amount. I still remember bringing it to the bank almost expecting it not to be good. But the teller, when I got there, had a very serious face when she saw the check. I asked her half jokingly, "Is the check actually going to go through?"

The guy was a multi-multi-millionaire and he looked like a bum off the street. Changed my perception of wealth big time.
Ha! I think I bought that Grand Cherokee!
No extra zeros in my bank account, though.

As my brother, who has done well for himself in life, asked me one day, "Know how the wealthy get rich?", No, was my answer, because I'm still broke, "They don't spend their money". End of lesson

As my brother, who has done well for himself in life, asked me one day, "Know how the wealthy get rich?", No, was my answer, because I'm still broke, "They don't spend their money". End of lesson

I remember my father saying something like;

"Most of the population has the wrong idea about what MONEY is FOR. "
"Most think it's for SPENDING."
"It's NOT."
"t's for PROTECTION."

Point well taken. Keep the wolf away from the door.

Last edited:
R-1098407-1428024786-6247.jpeg.jpg

Playing with a just mounted Grado Gold Prestige. It's been a while since I listened to my Grado. So lush and smooth.
I once bought a Gold replacement stylus for Older Prestige cart. Could NOT remove that old stylus, no matter what I tried. Grado could not sell me a removal tool replacement. Said they were made in same mold with cart. Didn't have extras. Don't loose that tool. Ended up with AT440mla instead. Have Grado M+ on another TT. Smooth it is.

WUCF Orlando for now.

Back
Top Bottom