Today's JAZZ playlist

Chet Baker & Crew

008.jpg

My first spin ever of this. Digging it.

View attachment 1308624

Whoever created this cover was just lazy.
Not to mention completely missing a great opportunity. That cover SO should have been die cut ala The Stone's Some Girls, Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti. A spinny wheel thing with all of the band members. Or let people add their own pic.

Been a busy week around here. I started a new job, and I'm still adjusting to the flow of it.
I will say that I spun Benny Goodman - Sextet on the garage system after work yesterday and it was fabulous. It was 23c(a big deal around here mid October) and the cold beer while sitting in a Muskoka chair on the patio was beyond words perfect.

Yeah, you can't beat those Rug Doctors . . . now can ya Billy. :biggrin:

SWMBO's Cats destroyed ours. It was BEYOND what Rug Doctor could remedy. So I finally pulled all the carpeting up and put in Laminate and Tile flooring with throw rugs here and there. Works better in Hawaii anyway since there is no AC.

I have carpeting in Florida but it is Berber. Not sure I'd go that route again. It's expensive and not that attractive nor comfortable. But it wears like iron.

On a JAZZ note;

@CJRT just interrupted Dinner Jazz for a live-to-air Jazz show. Not sure what the particulars are, but I'm enjoying it just the same.

Chet Baker & Crew

008.jpg

My first spin ever of this. Digging it.

This is one of those albums that cause a pause in my brain. I "Think" I have listened to it, but I can't be sure.

I own and have listened to this copy;

5177pyPqJ2L._AC_US327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

But the playlists are different, and the one you posted looks like an import released July 2018. My guess is the copy you posted is an import of certain cuts whereas the copy I have is the complete recordings from the Forum Theatre. Thus the confusion. I'll have to give the copy you posted a listen. It's available at Apple and Amazon for streaming.
Then I'll be able to say for certain, "Why, Yes, I have listened to this album."

Back
Top Bottom