Today's JAZZ playlist

The Harold Land Sextet - West Coast Blues.Also features: Joe Gordon, Wes Montgomery, Barry Harris, Sam Jones, & Louis Hayes.Jazzland/OJC reissue

MI0000107966.jpg

Last edited:
FYI for a Friday Night concert, just got this alert from Livestream;

Billy Batts,
Jazz at Lincoln Center is broadcasting live video on Joey Alexander with Strings. Log in to join the conversation!

LIVE Joey Alexander with Strings
Friday, October 19th, 2018 at 8:00 PM EDT on jazz

When pianist Joey Alexander first performed in Rose Theater at age 11, it was a history-making highlight of Jazz at Lincoln Center’s 2014 gala. He has since sold out Jazz at Lincoln Center’s Appel Room and Dizzy’s Club Coca-Cola, and now, at age 15, he returns to our largest stage as a headliner. Following multiple Grammy Award nominations, a 60 Minutes feature, performances at top international festivals, and universal critical acclaim, this young virtuoso continues to challenge himself and...

Some Jackass set off the fire alarm in the hotel at 4 AM so I've been up since then. Breakfast starts at 6 AM so just digging Jazz until Breakfast.

Currently here in the wee hours - @WUCF Orlando with "Jazzworks" - a Syndicated Jazz Show but definitely worth checking out.

TuneIn via iPhone -> Airplay -> Varo Sidekick WiFi Speakers

Last edited:
Back from Breakfast and @WUCF is playing "NPR's JAZZ PROFILES". This show is featureing "DUKE ELLINGTON".

It's truly excellent. Some amazing background about Ellington, Strayhorn et al, some of which I did not know. I'll have to remember this show, Saturdays at 7 AM on WUCF Orlando. I've never heard it before - to the best of my recollection. It's a superior radio documentary of Jazz artists. I'll have to set the digital recorder from now on to capture it, especially when I'm in Hawaii and it's airing at 2 AM Hawaiian Standard Time.

Back
Top Bottom