Today's JAZZ playlist

I used to have the doc they made about him in the 90's on VHS. I heard there was a new one.

I think he's gone over the edge though, if you've heard some of his recent tirades. When he hugs Paul and says "How you been, man?" they cut out the second part of his greeting-- "You guys suck, you no-playing m&f'ers..."

GJ

I agree. His lips are becoming a little loose.

View attachment 1310477
Ella & Louis
I only jusst recently got a copy of this. Such a lovely album.

Not a beat, not a whisper, a note, a pause.....nothing is wasted. I made the comment the other day, this record belongs in every Jazz Collector's collection. It should be one of the first of five or so, must have records or CDs that any serious Jazz Aficionado should acquire. IMHO: it is the perfect Jazz record. You can play it just about every day and not get tired of it. When you're done playing it, the songs remain in the room. Truly one of the finest recordings.

Mundell Lowe - Blues For A Stripper.Kick-ass big band sounds!

MI0004238637.jpg

Not a beat, not a whisper, a note, a pause.....nothing is wasted. I made the comment the other day, this record belongs in every Jazz Collector's collection. It should be one of the first of five or so, must have records or CDs that any serious Jazz Aficionado should acquire. IMHO: it is the perfect Jazz record. You can play it just about every day and not get tired of it. When you're done playing it, the songs remain in the room. Truly one of the finest recordings.
I remember your post. So agree. And I never had a copy till now. Simply lovely.

Please post if you find it.

OK, I "Think" I found them. All of them.

COMPLETE LIST OF ALL NPR JAZZ PROFILES with option to listen.

SEE HERE

I have not listened to the FIRST Duke Ellington selection yet (The Composer) to be sure it's the same. It's two part for Duke. I suspect this is the one because they compared Ellington's arrangements to Strayhorn's arrangements in the one I heard. So it SHOULD be the "Composer" one that I heard this morning. ALL of them are listed in my link. Took a while to find it. NPR is not easy. But mission accomplished. I THINK. Hopefully, it's the same Ellington Documentary I listened to this morning

It's tricky because if you click "LOAD MORE" in that option, you see more Ellington. The Composer, the Bandleader, The Pianist, etc. I'm not sure WHICH one I heard this morning (assuming "The Composer" but can't say for sure), but they are probably all excellent.

Last edited:
OK, well after that 4 AM Fire Alarm Jackass this morning, I'm beat. I've got Slacker's "Late Night Jazz" on, and that's the ball game for tonight. Was going to watch the Oilers play Hockey (tip from @KrisM) but the hotel is not carrying the channel for that game.

Slacker Late Night Jazz Channel via iPhone -> Airplay -> Varo Wifi Speakers

Back
Top Bottom