Today's JAZZ playlist

View attachment 1328717 Good morning to all you beautiful babies. Got my morning started with some Golson. Couple things about this album, firstly, the swing is phenomenal. If you don't understand what somebody means when they say the swing is joyful, this is what they mean. And secondly, it's funny because we were just talking about Ray Bryant and on this album it's him and his brother, along with Al Harewood. @jgannon ... Bryant plays so incredibly on this one. Bluesy, soulful and I love his touch. Hard and heavy when needed, or light and soft but always can be felt in either speed. Great album.

Good morning to you my very good friend. I'm dying of Jet-Lag here. Was up for 3 hours last night from 2:30 AM to 5:30 am, then up now at 7:15. Eek.

Coffee and some very mellow Jazz to get me started. I tried THIS last night around 4 AM. Finally lulled me to sleep at 5:30;

Thanks Billy. Enjoyed that album.

Now spinning...

Hey OG, if you want to listen to some B-A-A-D Lockjaw check him out on this LP, which is a reissue of this LP below, with the added track of "Lover"...

Hawkins is great too of course, as of course are Tommy Flanagan on piano, Gus Johnson on drums, and yes...even Ron Carter, who plays straight ahead and sounds great here!

Jackie McLean - 4, 5, & 6.Prestige/OJC Records.

MI0002487499.jpg

Back
Top Bottom