Today's JAZZ playlist

Sweet Jesus! No one has checked this out?!!!

C'mon guys!!!

Something that I find fascinating about this, is that a couple of different times she quotes "A Time For Love", actually fully segueing into it briefly in the early part of the song. I wonder if she had Bill Evans' "Alone " album on her mind when she played this.

Why?

Because "Here's That Rainy Day" is the first song on the first side of that LP, and "A Time For Love" is the next song.
Well after that chiding I figured I’d better get listening quick, amazing stuff! Didn’t quite catch all the musical quoting like you did, even thought I have the Alone album on vinyl, but thought it was a fantastic performance. Thanks!

Well after that chiding I figured I’d better get listening quick, amazing stuff! Didn’t quite catch all the musical quoting like you did, even thought I have the Alone album on vinyl, but thought it was a fantastic performance. Thanks!

Gentle chiding...;).

Seriously though, it is amazing stuff. Glad you got a chance to see it, Jay. There are a bunch of clips up on YouTube. I have to check more of them out.

Sweet Jesus! No one has checked this out?!!!

C'mon guys!!!

Something that I find fascinating about this, is that a couple of different times she quotes "A Time For Love", actually fully segueing into it briefly in the early part of the song. I wonder if she had Bill Evans' "Alone " album on her mind when she played this.

Why?

Because "Here's That Rainy Day" is the first song on the first side of that LP, and "A Time For Love" is the next song.

My excuse is SWMBO. She's had me busy from 7 AM this morning. I'll get to it! :)

yfdZCad.jpg

Lol. Yes, from what I read it sounds like you've been busy! ;)

Take your time, my friend. Just wanted to share...

She's been a task-master, that's for sure. It's one thing after another. I'm actually looking forward to flying back to the mainland on Tuesday for my Thanksgiving venue. At least I can get some rest then! :)

I didn't even listen to my normal Sunday streaming line-up. AND, of all the things, I forgot to set the Digital Recorder for a few shows this weekend I've been so busy. Missed 90 percent of of CJRT's Big Band Show, and only recorded the last 90 minutes of WLRN's Night Train.

But yes, I'll get to your share. No worries.

Trade winds kicking up really nice, low tonight near 73, so I'll actually be sleeping without a fan blowing on me all night.

Finally listening to the last 90 minutes I recorded of "Night Train" on WLRN that just ended.

NightTrainlogo180.jpg

The latest edition of "Music from 100 Years Ago," "'Easy' Music," featuring Thomas "Fats" Waller, Bessie Smith, Lester Young, Stan Kenton, Nat King Cole, Wally Rose, Rex Stewart with Fletcher Henderson, Louis Jodan, and Maxine Sullivan.

GJ

Last edited:

BTW Jay, when you get a chance check out the second tune on "Alone" and you'll see what I mean. If she wasn't thinking about Evans, it is one heck of a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom