Today's JAZZ playlist

Here's an update to the quoted content above. An iOS application called Airfoil does, indeed, allow streaming of any audio source from Macs to Chromecast Audio devices. I purchased and downloaded the $29 app today and it works great for streaming music wirelessly from Tidal on my MacBook Pro and casting it to my music system via CCA. I simply need to identify the specific source (Tidal, YouTube, Pandora, Spotify, or web browser, etc.) via the Airfoil iOS interface and the software enables the Mac-to-CCA connection.

As I mentioned, it's a great solution for music or other audio-only streaming. However, I'm experiencing a definite lag (of 1-2 seconds) in audio+video streams (audio lags behind video). Not sure if this is an issue of my WiFi signal, or something else holding things up on the Mac, but it's unfortunate. Regardless, it's good to have the music-streaming fix in place.

Thanks for the info. I do seem to recall "Airfoil". I'll have to investigate this myself.
I tend to have both Airplay receivers AND CCA receivers on my stems, with an optical SWITCH to switch between them - as currently I have iOS and Droid devices. I suppose it would be nice to have only ONE receiver (CCA) that I could use for both platforms.

Have some car driving to do today. So it will be mobile playing of iPhone and various Jazz. I have the THIS on FLAC so will probably dig into it while mobile;

Johnny Hodges - Complete Mosaic Set

41WUYE83XoL._AC_US327_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

At one point I had 4 systems in the house each with an AirportExpress. The 5th system in the office was hooked to my iMac. With Airfoil and Soundflower I could play LP’s in the office and stream them in perfect sync to the whole house. It was great to have music everywhere without it being too loud anywhere for people to visit. There was delay with respect to the analog system so I didn’t listen to the office system when streaming viny. This was well before AirPlay.

Back
Top Bottom