Today's JAZZ playlist

OK, off my duff and on to some newly scored VINYL for a change. First up, something @jgannon won't be surprise to see me spin;

Harry SWEETS Edison - When Lights are Low

IMG-20181214-123028.jpg

The Vinyl on this I would classify as MINT. Looks and sounds like it was perhaps played ONCE to tape, and then put away to archive.

OK, off my duff and on to some newly scored VINYL for a change. First up, something @jgannon won't be surprise to see me spin;

Harry SWEETS Edison - When Lights are Low

IMG-20181214-123028.jpg

The Vinyl on this I would classify as MINT. Looks and sounds like it was perhaps played ONCE to tape, and then put away to archive.

He really did release a number of albums on his own. Who's in the group here?

He really did release a number of albums on his own. Who's in the group here?

Great album to my taste JG.

Here are the sidemen;
UNKNOWN

Nowhere on the album does it list the musicians other than Sweets. This is a LIBERTY records pressing. On one review source, someone mentions a good write-up on the "LINER NOTES". I am apparently missing these. I do have the original Liberty INNER SLEEVE, but that only has advertising on it for other LIBERTY pressings. I Googled the heck out of it, and nowhere can I find the Sidemen on this album. There were two issued. Stereo and Mono. I have the MONO pressing.

UNLESS: The reviewer is talking about the liner notes on the BACK of the album. But this does not list musicians. It's about a paragraph long and it is by Jack Tracy so perhaps the back of the album IS the liner notes that the reviewer was talking about. These notes are just some generalizations about how talented Sweets was and how he backed up celebs like Frank Sinatra. I have a feeling this was a studio musician's job, stock orchestra. There are some woodwinds and strings involved here. My guess it, there are no "sidemen" as we know them.

This is what Discogs says;

R-8275453-1458451686-5952.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Harry "Sweets" Edison* ‎– When Lights Are Low
Label:
Liberty ‎– LRP-3484
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Mono
US
Released:
Genre:
Jazz, Pop