Today's JAZZ playlist

View attachment 1388736
Heath Bros.
Expression of Life

I'm useing Rogue Sphinx tube/class D hybrid integrated. I doubles its wpc to 200 at 4 ohm load. Volume knob is about 9:30 to 10 o'clock for modest level for me.

That should be perfect wattage. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's 9:30 or 10;00 for me to on the volume. Listen mostly through my Grado headphones, you hear inner details, more intimate sounding to me. :music:

1547695287020.jpg
Very nice. My dream ionspeakers are Martin Logans. One of the local shops had their main room set up with a pair driven by powerful mono blocks. I think they were Classe. The source was an LP12 with a Project carbon arm. I was making many visits during that time lol. Really engaging presentation.
Shop I bought at is University Audio in Madison, WI. Nice people, non commission. Mcintosh, B&W etc, nice stuff.
Guess I knew what I wanted. Didn't listen to anything else, before buying. Maybe not smart shopper. Golden Ear speakers two models, I didn't even give listen.
Even a blind pig can find an acorn.

Last edited:
R-3785826-1383810956-2049.jpeg.jpg
R-3785826-1383810973-7899.jpeg.jpg

Oscar Peterson / Motions And Emotions
1972 BASF

@jgannon Thanks Gannon, for this gift too! :thumbsup: Really liking the first track already! :music:

View attachment 1388755
Shop I bought at is University Audio in Madison, WI. Nice people, non commission. Mcintosh, B&W etc, nice stuff.
Guess I knew what I wanted. Didn't listen to anything else, before buying. Maybe not smart shopper. Golden Ear speakers two models, I didn't even give listen.

A couple of OG audiophiles who mentored me swear by Estats. So it's not exactly a gamble. The issue is finding synergy with the rest of your chain. But when properly powered with a good source, you cant lose. Enjoy!!

View attachment 1388615 View attachment 1388612
Said I would post pics of new Maggies.
Playing Verve Compact Jazz Masters compilation. First CD through them. There was a brass section that was brash. May be pretty transparent. No shortage of bass, to my ears. Not supposed to go below 40 hz, broken in. They can play loud in my ~ 28' x 16' x 7' room.
Cliff approves too.
Very impressive OG. Maggies are amazing speakers and very addictive. You even have a nice room to let them breathe. I have thought about checking out the MMG's but my room is just to small at 10'x13'.

View attachment 1388615 View attachment 1388612
Said I would post pics of new Maggies.
Playing Verve Compact Jazz Masters compilation. First CD through them. There was a brass section that was brash. May be pretty transparent. No shortage of bass, to my ears. Not supposed to go below 40 hz, broken in. They can play loud in my ~ 28' x 16' x 7' room.
Cliff approves too.

Thanks to everyone for tolerance for this Old Guy going on and on about his speakers.
Maybe by tomorrow all be back on the jazz music, that they come here for.

Congratulations on the new Maggies! They seem to be a perfect fit for your listening space. It looks like you'll be listening so late tonight it might start to get early. I know that's what I did when I got the MG-12's, and then again when I got a new phono stage that cured the airless/lifeless sound I was getting from my TT set up (previous pre had begun to fail and I hadn't figured that out).

Back
Top Bottom