Today's JAZZ playlist

YES!

WUCF Orlando's live show "Jazz on the Beach" is playing and encapsulated show within their show;

"JAZZ REVISITED" with Hazen Shumacher. Produced by the University of Michigan. One of my absolute favorite bygone live Jazz shows. I wish you could find this archive on the internet. Alas, a German company bought the rights to the show and it is no where to be found other than via their website a few shows at a time. The show focused on the first three decades of recorded Jazz 1917 - 1947. I used to listen every week. The only thing I didn't like is that it was only a 1/2 hour show.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. But I ended up getting a standard poodle, full sized. Best, smartest dog I've ever had.

I grew up with a Poodle and a Yorkie. Both were awesome, and that Poodle was ULTRA-SMART.

My favorite dog breed is Cocker Spaniel. I have had three and all three have been truly amazing companions. But you could say that about most dogs. I read an article that stated that Dogs are the ONLY species on Earth that prefer the company of another species over their own. It stated that dogs are TRULY happier with HUMANS than they are with other dogs.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. But I ended up getting a standard poodle, full sized. Best, smartest dog I've ever had.

Yeah, this guy will work out. He’s blessed that he’s cute; he is a rapscallion and he’s taking a rather long time (from what I remember; I haven’t had a dog since I was a kid) to get the whole “house broken” thing together.

GJ

My pleasure Gannon. You deserve the complement. I've observed you for many years now critiquing Jazz artists. You pick out things that I never would have. That's a talent.

Dear God, I don't want to overuse that word, critique! But I think every musician has to use their judgement, and all musicians are listeners. And I think any listener can become a musician.

cg8e6zH.jpg

YES!

WUCF Orlando's live show "Jazz on the Beach" is playing and encapsulated show within their show;

"JAZZ REVISITED" with Hazen Shumacher. Produced by the University of Michigan. One of my absolute favorite bygone live Jazz shows. I wish you could find this archive on the internet. Alas, a German company bought the rights to the show and it is no where to be found other than via their website a few shows at a time. The show focused on the first three decades of recorded Jazz 1917 - 1947. I used to listen every week. The only thing I didn't like is that it was only a 1/2 hour show.

EDIT. Wow. Today's show focus was Artie Shaw. Spectacular. Too bad it was only 1/2 hour.

I don't know why I'm so lazy on weekends guys. But I am too lazy to pick out music.

So @KSDS San Diego and the "Straight Ahead" Jazz show.

BTW, KSDS stream seems incredibly high resolution lately. WUCF Orlando used to be king of the high bit rate stream, but unless my ears are fooling me, KSDS San Diego is streaming in the realm of 256 kbps.

Meh, soon none of this will matter. I would bet that by 2025 the standard will be High Resolution to match the pay streaming services like Tidal, and they will ALL be streaming at CD or better resolution.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom