Today's Krautrock Playlist

City was rather interesting -- the only authorized band from East Germany for awhile.
Nektar's "Remember the Future" is great.
Most of Klaus Doldinger's Passport stuff is good jazz.
If you speak German, I highly recommend Udo Lindenberg and his Panik Orchester -- Ballhaus Pompoes is my all-time favorite. Udo made it ok to sing rock and roll auf Deutsch.
And, of course, Truck Stop, the band that made German country and western music famous. Take a listen to "Ich moecht' so gern Dave Dudley hoeren."

Beatsteaks from Berlin are a treat. Best album for me is Smack Smash. Hello Joe is a nice tribute to the Clash.

And again, singing only in German, Wir Sind Helden come across like a cross between Talking Heads and the B52s.

The Cosmic Jokers - 1974

Sessions by Dieter Dierks, Harald Großkopf, Jürgen Dollase, Klaus Schulze, and Manuel Göttsching - from February to May of 1973 Rolf-Ulrich Kaiser organized a series of psychedelic jam sessions at Studio Dierks; apparently the musicians were all high on drugs and didn't even notice they were being recorded (at least in the case of Klaus Schulze). In any case, the following year Kaiser and Gille Lettmann assembled three LPs worth of material to release from these sessions which have been cosmic classics, though largely disowned by the musicians involved.

61P0CW3K31L.jpg

Some nice stuff there, DJ G-Man. :thmbsp:

I have a German pressing of that Cosmic Jokers LP packed away somewhere.

Some nice stuff there, DJ G-Man. :thmbsp:

I have a German pressing of that Cosmic Jokers LP packed away somewhere.

Thanks - Krautrock is one of my favorite genres. I grew up and still reside on the southwest side of Chicago, and in the 70's we had a record shop called Kroozin' Music which specialized in imports. So many new and interesting groups, it boggled my mind. Ahhh, those were the days.........

Popol Vuh - In Den Garten Pharaos - 1971

cover_3631132272009.jpg

Anima-Sound - Musik Für Alle - 1971

Avant-garde husband and wife duo of Paul & Limpe Fuchs, who worked on the periphery of Krautrock and free-jazz. All their albums are very experimental, and many feature their own made instruments like the Fuchshorn, Fuchszither or Fuchsbass alongside regular instruments and vocals. Wild stuff.

attachment.php

Attachments

• anima.jpg
    anima.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Sure, Mr. Lebowski ! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Great movie !

I was getting worried that no one here would catch that. :D

I'll have to comb through my LPs again but I know I have a nice comp album on the Brain label with many of the artists already listed. Regarding the Scorps "Lonesome Crow," I have that album but the pressing on the Canadian Bomb 101 label:

http://www.discogs.com/Scorpions-Lonesome-Crow/release/2082646

Schenker's fretwork on that album is impressive.

Amon Düül II - Yeti - 1970

Their finest imo - the title track is a 18 minute improvisation that is absolutely mind-blowing !

0693723041919.jpg

Tangerine Dream - Phaedra - 1974

One of the cornerstones of electronic music. Timeless..............

2012-08-18-raz%C5%A1irjamo-obzorja-tangerine-dream-phaedra-5147.jpg

Back
Top Bottom