Today's Latin Jazz & Salsa Playlist

aHR0cHM6Ly9pLnNjZG4uY28vaW1hZ2UvNzg0NDIwMGRhNTRkYTVmMzI2NDkyY2NlZTVkM2ZlMDM3MWRhYWE2Mg==.jpg

Les idoles de la musique cubaine : Machito, Vol. 1

Glad you like it JG, when you compare yourself to Buena Vista Social Club on the cover, you had better back it up. This band does just that.

Glad you like it JG, when you compare yourself to Buena Vista Social Club on the cover, you had better back it up. This band does just that.

How old are these recordings? Because if Hector Lavoe is on them, they have to go a bit back. I don't remember when he passed away. I think it was the 90's. I could look it up. I love the Buena Vista Social Club recordings. BTW, do you have the Ruben Gonzales CD?

Apparently it came out in 1992. It looks like they have 5 cds issued. I don't have the Ruben Gonzales CD, the BVSC album is so great I am afraid of being disappointed by any of the off-shoots. Sometimes I need a recommendation before jumping into the deep end of the pool.

Apparently it came out in 1992. It looks like they have 5 cds issued. I don't have the Ruben Gonzales CD, the BVSC album is so great I am afraid of being disappointed by any of the off-shoots. Sometimes I need a recommendation before jumping into the deep end of the pool.

It's called "Introducing Ruben Gonzalez". I honestly don't think you'll be disappointed. Here's some of it if you get a moment:

Last edited:
Had to play some Brazilian music in honor of Rio 2016:
upload_2016-8-15_16-54-42.jpegupload_2016-8-15_16-58-44.jpegupload_2016-8-15_16-59-18.jpegupload_2016-8-15_17-1-10.jpeg
Can't find an image of another of the "Pure Brazil" cd series, "Planet Rhythm", also very good.

Back
Top Bottom