Today's Lo-Fi Playlist

Cadillac Kid

Addicted Member
This thread is dedicated all to recordings incorporating low fidelity.

I will start it off with Damien Rice's 'I remember'. I love the distorted contrast against Lisa's sweet vocal.

WOW, I didn't expect to find this

BTW I was going to these above shows back in the day, as well as working with some of the bands. This one I was there recording with a friend of mine with a VCR camera for the band as we knew them. This was new to be able to record with this new digital technology. :D

But for this thread I knew what to look for as all these vids sound awful and I knew it...

Published on Jul 3, 2006
SF powerpop group The Rockers were extremely popular in the early 80's. This live track is from their vinyl EP. The Mabuhay Gardens was one of the most popular clubs in San Francisco and debuted lots of national acts. The group would later evolve into The Finders. Visit The Rockers at squidmusic.com

The funny thing is they gave me their only 7" EP way back then and just a week ago I looked it up on Discogs, it's a $100 EP:D
https://www.discogs.com/Rockers-Dont-Leave-Me-Tonight/release/3330477

The EP sounds better

R-3330477-1326930659.jpeg.jpg R-3330477-1326930675.jpeg.jpg R-3330477-1326930697.jpeg.jpg R-3330477-1326930643.jpeg.jpg

Metallica sounds better in lo fi. haha
hahaha, I couldn't stand them back then, playing noisy crap, they road the punk rebellion wave, none of that shit was music back then. The only time I would see them was if I was there for other bands.

The Palms was another very small club that bands would play and I word that place many times.

The Rockers @ The Palms Cafe, San Francisco 1979

Jim Carrol band shot live at the Mabuhay Gardens in San Francisco in 1978

"people who died" Jim Carrol band live at the Mab

Patti Smith - (8/13) - People who Died (2010/07/21)

Back
Top Bottom