Todays METAL playlist

Dio - The Last In Line

Speaking of seeing Iron Maiden live..

I saw them at Monsters of Rock, Donington Park in 1988 when they were the headliner. This was during their Seventh Son tour, so that was the current album of theirs that was out. I will never forget the sound of 100k plus fans jumping up and down when they played Running Free. It was like an earthquake. Incredible.

Dio - The Last In Line

Speaking of seeing Iron Maiden live..

I saw them at Monsters of Rock, Donington Park in 1988 when they were the headliner. This was during their Seventh Son tour, so that was the current album of theirs that was out. I will never forget the sound of 100k plus fans jumping up and down when they played Running Free. It was like an earthquake. Incredible.

That's awesome, a perfect example of what I missed out on. :tears: I would have been 11 at the time, and I couldn't even go to a concert until I was 16 (strict parents), which is when I saw Rush on the Counterparts tour in '94: first concert, first Rush concert, and a lifelong memory (it was at the old St. Louis Checkerdome/Arena and I'm pretty sure it was sold out, Primus headlined).

Speaking of Dio, I'm going to try to catch him with some Black Sabbath members on the "Heaven and Hell" tour. Queensryche and Alice Cooper will also be playing. Should be good, but nothing like I could have seen back "in the day". :no:

Judas Priest: British Steel

Actually Dickinson is one of not too many of the old guys who STILL sings just as well as he did 25 years ago.. (Ronnie James Dio is in the same category) seen Maiden 2 times this century, and they simply are an -amazing- live-act! you need to check them out ! There are NO weak links in that band!

Right NOW Helloween: Keeper Of The Seven Keys Pt. 2 is roaring through my speakers .. (amazing album!!)

I saw Iron Maiden back in "the day" (lol). They were definitely a fun band to see live with "Eddie" and the wild stage shows. Bruce Dickinson was top notch as a singer back then although I haven't seen him in the last 10 years to say how he is now. The first time I saw Rush was on the 2112 tour back in 1976 when I was 10 years old. It was the second concert I ever went to...KISS being the first on the Destroyer tour. The Moving Pictures tour was probably my favorite of the Rush tours. I can't even count how many concerts I've been to but it's a lot less in the last 10 years. Now, from 10 years old to 30, there were a great many. It was all we seemed to do. It was great with concert tickets being $10 to $15 or so and a "jersey" shirt was about the same.

Currently playing.....Dream Theater - Octavarium

Yeah I really would like to see Rush, I have been listening to them forever. I picked up a cool vintage 2112 tour poster the other day for like four bucks. Got some more patches for my sweatshirt too... A big Anthrax patch, iron maiden, metallica. Good stuff. I also saw an old metallica promo I guess, It was a tape and was called whiplash, had stuff off their first album. The whole second side was blank. Time for some old Metallica-Seek and Destroy

I suppose no one is keeping tabs on the Metal playlist. I'll resurrect it for the time being.

Today’s playlist includes:
Artist: In flames
Album: A Sense of Purpose

This is quite a departure from their earlier "The Jester Race" and "Whoracle" albums. More melodic as far as screaming goes. Some fans hate it, some fans like it. I think it's a predictable transition with the way the whole "metal-core" scene is evolving, but one that is more palatable than the current "copy & paste" metal bands.

METAL CHURCH / The Human Factor
DATE WITH POVERTY.

SANSUI
9090 6. B-2101s C-2101 SE-88 SE-99 AX-7

RS
12. MACH ONEs 2. T200s

SAXON- Metalhead

How about some of you show pics of your systems? It would be interesting to see how people that listen to metal pick a system, I'll start with mine.

Sansui
1. 9090 1. C-2101 1. SE-99 1. SE-88 1. AX-7 6. B-2101s
RS
12. Mach Ones
2. T-200s I Like It Loud And Feel that Kick Drum & Bass.:rockon:

Attachments

• Sansui Mach pics 005.jpg
    Sansui Mach pics 005.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Sansui Mach pics 006.jpg
    Sansui Mach pics 006.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Sansui Mach pics 007.jpg
    Sansui Mach pics 007.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Sansui Mach pics 008.jpg
    Sansui Mach pics 008.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 55
  • Sansui Mach pics 009.jpg
    Sansui Mach pics 009.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 47
Saxon: Wheels of Steel

Armored Saint: Delirious Nomad

Right now im running a Technics SL-D2 w/ Shure M995-ED into a Pioneer SX-750 receiver into Pioneer CS-88a speakers. My Pioneer SA-8800 integrated kicks ass for metal with these speakers, but im in a relatively small room and dont need 80 watts with 96 dB sensitivity speakers :music:

Back
Top Bottom