Todays METAL playlist

Judas Priest - Stained Class

Jpstandclass.jpg

Seventh Son and Brave New World are both fantastic, I'd take either over Powerslave.
And I agree wholeheartedly with you on those 2 Maiden albums, @scraggs. They were becoming a bit too technical at that point for me. I'll have to re-visit those albums with a more mature viewpoint now that I'm an old man!

Tonight I dusted off this one from back in '84.
Motorhead - Killed By Death promo copy, not for sale...yeah right.
https://www.discogs.com/Motörhead-Killed-By-Death-/release/6602410
001.jpg

002.jpg

Probably the best rock band to ever come outta Denmark. The first tracks I ever heard from this band were Love Games & Rodeo on The Friday Night Rock Show.....I was hooked straight away. They should have been 'bigger'! You just gotta love Ronnie's vocal style.

8vbbn1o.jpg

Last edited:
And I agree wholeheartedly with you on those 2 Maiden albums, @scraggs. They were becoming a bit too technical at that point for me. I'll have to re-visit those albums with a more mature viewpoint now that I'm an old man!

My affinity for Brave New World might have a simple reason: I was introduced to Maiden (Number Of The Beast & Piece Of Mind) by my cousin around the time Fear Of The Dark came out. I loved them but soon after Dickinson left and they became a rather shitty band with Blaze Baley (even though both albums have some great songs). When Bruce returned it was basically the best thing since the wheel had been invented and I finally got to see them live. They lost me a bit with the albums after that when they became, as you said, more technical. All those albums are good, but they all suffer from the "why should I listen to them when they have all those classics" syndrome.
The other thing I love about Brave New World is that it is their heaviest album and completely kicks balls. That being said, my top 5 would still be:
1. Piece Of Mind
2. Number Of The Beast
3.Iron Maiden
4. Killers
5. Seventh Son
(the Bailey albums and Somewhere In Time would be my least favourite ones)

Back
Top Bottom