Serj Tankian - Imperfect Remixes (EP)

upload_2017-5-2_16-51-57.png
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

I love How Will You Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today. Of all the groups for my (then) future wife to get me into, it would be Suicidal Tendencies. She had their self-titled debut, Lights, Camera... Revolution! and Controlled by Hatred/Feel Like Shit...Déjà Vu on cassette when we met in 1994 and I've been "down" with these guys ever since.

As panned as it was, I like the playing on their 1994 release Suicidal for Life.

I love How Will You Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today. Of all the groups for my (then) future wife to get me into, it would be Suicidal Tendencies. She had their self-titled debut, Lights, Camera... Revolution! and Controlled by Hatred/Feel Like Shit...Déjà Vu on cassette when we met in 1994 and I've been "down" with these guys ever since.

As panned as it was, I like the playing on their 1994 release Suicidal for Life.
Cool stuff:rockon:
How Will I Laugh, Deja Vu, and Lights Camera Revolution are my favorites..Lights Camera on vinyl should be here any day.
First I heard was How Will I Laugh when it came out and I was hooked..something about Rocky George's playing..I don't mind the earlier stuff but Rocky took them into a new direction that I really loved.:beerchug:

4018.jpg

C-i5ms8UwAADofn.jpg:large

Just picked up at the used store last weekend. Best metal song EVER on this album.

And off of my iPhone (via TEAC CD DAC):

space1992.jpg

Embracing your power metal tropes is what makes your power metal good. Oh, and a key change for the last chorus in at least half of the songs.

Metallica - Death Magnetic

upload_2017-5-5_21-29-25.png
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

I know Death Magnetic was widely panned by fans (and some critics alike...) back in '08, but I'll be damned if "Cyanide" is not enough to induce cervical fracture (that's a "broken neck" for you non-nerd types :)) in the listener. My wife is away on a two-day retreat, my 17-year-old daughter hasn't arrived home from her part-time gig and here I am rockin' the f*ck out on a blissful Friday night as my three-year-old son drifts off and the stupid ass dog two doors down is being drowned out by Hammett and Hetfield's solos and Lars on the kit. :rockon: Damn, I love nights like these!

I know Death Magnetic was widely panned by fans (and some critics alike...) back in '08, but I'll be damned if "Cyanide" is not enough to induce cervical fracture (that's a "broken neck" for you non-nerd types :)) in the listener. My wife is away on a two-day retreat, my 17-year-old daughter hasn't arrived home from her part-time gig and here I am rockin' the f*ck out on a blissful Friday night as my three-year-old son drifts off and the stupid ass dog two doors down is being drowned out by Hammett and Hetfield's solos and Lars on the kit. :rockon: Damn, I love nights like these!

That album grew on me.. Fast!

Back
Top Bottom