Todays METAL playlist

Be'lakor
Vessels (2016)
Australian melodic death metal

572304.jpg

The boys took their time putting this one together but seems it was time well spent. LP has many excellent tracks, several of which have already been added to M's live sets @ the 2017 tour.

Bravo, boys. :music:

Agreed sir. Het, Knocked it out as usual. Now if we can get Kirk to toss some of those effects. Certainly no real complaints

Agreed sir. Het, Knocked it out as usual. Now if we can get Kirk to toss some of those effects. Certainly no real complaints

Why I prefer M live: Kirk's effects are minimal as compared to the in-studio material. On stage he's just ****in' raw, loud, and shreds w/ the best of them. He's also an excellent rhythm geetarist -- no mean feat when sittin' on stage w/ James, one of the best in the business, Metal and otherwise.

Why I prefer M live: Kirk's effects are minimal as compared to the in-studio material. On stage he's just ****in' raw, loud, and shreds w/ the best of them. He's also an excellent rhythm geetarist -- no mean feat when sittin' on stage w/ James, one of the best in the business, Metal and otherwise.

Agree 100%. Without Jame's crunching guitar work, It's a lost cause. Kind of gets overshadowed by the stellar vocals. Fans know better, Of course

Accept - Balls to the Wall

Accept - Balls to the Wall.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: Audioquest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9250B

Candlemass - Nightfall (2005 Remaster)(CD 1)

Candlemass - Nightfall.JPG
Dammit, Hofy! You've turned me into a Candlemass addict. :rockon:

Candlemass - Nightfall (2005 Remaster)(CD 2)

Candlemass - Nightfall.JPG

Carcass - Heartwork

Carcass - Heartwork.JPG

This thread proves why it doesn't pay to be narrow-minded... Prior to last year or so, you couldn't pay me to sit through an entire work of classical or metal. Here I am in md-2017 at 44 damn near headbanging. As the saying goes, "don't knock it 'til you try it." The melodic guitars on the Carcass album I posted about 40 minutes ago are blowing my mind, with the interplay between lead and rhythm guitars and the blast drumming on "Embodiment" and "Death Certificate" transporting me to another place. Once you sit down and actively listen to the intricacies and nuance of the interplay between the instrumentalists, it all falls into place. Prior to this year, I perceived most metal as a loud, undifferientiated "wall" of noise with rapid drumming in the background. Now that I've begun to actively listen to bands like Accept, Carcass, Dark Tranquitlity, Deep Purple, Exodus, Motorhead (saw them in 2015 prior to Lemmy's passing), et al. I realize I could not have been more incorrect. This shit rocks and it takes a ridiculous amount of self-control not to turn up the volume knob and shred your hearing in the process. I may not become the world's biggest metal head, but I will be adding a decent number of albums from the genre to my collection.

P.S. Thank goodness for used CDs via Amazon/eBay and thrift stores. Otherwise, I'd be at the office of the nearest bankruptcy attorney.

Interesting thing about Krokus, is when is the last time you heard them anywhere other than at home? Can't remember hearing them on classic rock radio or Hair Nation at any time.

Our local classic rock station (WIBA-FM) plays Krokus from time to time. I have also heard them on House of Hair.

Alice In Chains - Dust

Alice In Chains - Dust.JPG
Hmmm... Decent sounding grunge-inflected metal. It must've been the perpetually overcast skies and Starbucks in Seattle.

@KDAC: if you haven´t already, give Judas Priest a listen :)

Start with their first album, Rockarolla (released in 1974), and go from there :)

Priest is very melodic with lots of interplay between lead and rythym guitar.

And Rob´s vocals WILL blow you away!

Thanks for the heads-up, Judas Priest. I've heard about this band for years and simply never got around to playing one of their releases. I'm not a metal afficionado (yet...), but I hear they are amongst the titans of the genre. As soon as I get my hands on an album, I'll post it/give it a listen.

Back
Top Bottom