Todays METAL playlist

By no means metal, but the cover screams it ;)

A great comback album from Uriah Heep, and just a great piece of early 80's rock, with a hint of disco chucked in.

X409ysj.jpg

Yesterday I had to go to Madison, WI to pick my wife up at the airport. That is always good for a trip to Half Price Books for us both.
For a few minutes I thought I was going to get back into cassettes for the first time in 30 years. I could have easily bought over 100 hard rock / metal tapes. I figured they would be the usual 99 cents or something.
Was I ever wrong! Most where in the $5-7 range with peaks at $15! I can buy good quality vinyl for that. Anyway the pics.

wSg18VS.jpg

QPn9wGm.jpg

Gr9Cu3s.jpg

WUCrIBk.jpg

ePsNURC.jpg

e4Ilqbk.jpg

Fn1UaHU.jpg

The day was not a total loss though. There was nothing good in vinyl so I decided to check out the CDs. Oh yeah!
All sorts of good metal. I usually dont pay this much for used CDs, but these are flawless. Not even fingerprints! All early pressings so no loudness wars.

BTW, I am listening to all these today.

Dio - Magica & Slayer - Haunting the Chapel

d3zCwEr.jpg

Testament - the Legacy & Witchcraft - S/T

w5JHF5t.jpg

Dokken - Breaking the Chains & Metal Church - The Dark

0So7Kby.jpg

Overkill - Under the Influence

s7LEtae.jpg

Yesterday I had to go to Madison, WI to pick my wife up at the airport. That is always good for a trip to Half Price Books for us both.
For a few minutes I thought I was going to get back into cassettes for the first time in 30 years. I could have easily bought over 100 hard rock / metal tapes. I figured they would be the usual 99 cents or something.
Was I ever wrong! Most where in the $5-7 range with peaks at $15! I can buy good quality vinyl for that. Anyway the pics.

wSg18VS.jpg

QPn9wGm.jpg

Gr9Cu3s.jpg

WUCrIBk.jpg

ePsNURC.jpg

e4Ilqbk.jpg

Fn1UaHU.jpg
Great pics thxs for posting, it's quite the selection.

I was there too. Great show, wish I still had my shirt. Also seen Dio in Offenbach that November.

wDGfstG.jpg
I went solely because of Deep Purple and Dio. Metallica was good, and I liked them (until the Black album years later) but, their presence there wasn't a factor in me going. DP was amazing as was Dio. Metallica was good. Ratt was, too. But, I was never a fan. I knew who Cinderella was but was not a fan. The bands before them I didn't know or like at all.

I had two of the MoR tour shirts (long white T with black sleeves and all black short sleeve; both with the ticket design above on the front). Sold them both on ebay several years ago for silly money). I only have a few left from all my concert-going days. Dream Evil, one of them.

For whatever reason, the four of us that went decided to leave post Friday evening rather than in the morning. Stayed up most of the night drinking home made apple wine that the Germans all seem to make and was being passed around in the parking lot.

I went solely because of Deep Purple and Dio. Metallica was good, and I liked them (until the Black album years later) but, their presence there wasn't a factor in me going. DP was amazing as was Dio. Metallica was good. Ratt was, too. But, I was never a fan. I knew who Cinderella was but was not a fan. The bands before them I didn't know or like at all.

I had two of the MoR tour shirts (long white T with black sleeves and all black short sleeve; both with the ticket design above on the front). Sold them both on ebay several years ago for silly money). I only have a few left from all my concert-going days. Dream Evil, one of them.

For whatever reason, the four of us that went decided to leave post Friday evening rather than in the morning. Stayed up most of the night drinking home made apple wine that the Germans all seem to make and was being passed around in the parking lot.

I sold all my shirts on eBay for crazy money a few years back too. No sense keeping size medium and large when I am an extra large now.
I also went to the 86 MoR in Mannheim and 88 MoR in Schweinfurt.

I would have picked up a bunch of those cassettes, if they were priced at $.50 to $.99. Don't think I would take a chance on sound quality at that price point. $15 for master? Har-har. I find a lot of metal tapes are either warped out from the heat or damaged from beer or other substances. Good cd pick-ups. Some of my favorite titles from the old days. Especially the Testament and Metal Church. Great tunes.

Saint Vitus ~ 1984 Self Titled Debut LP
2006 White Vinyl German Reissue
SST Records SST 001

https://www.discogs.com/Saint-Vitus-Saint-Vitus/master/140928
001.jpg

005.jpg

The day was not a total loss though. There was nothing good in vinyl so I decided to check out the CDs. Oh yeah!
All sorts of good metal. I usually dont pay this much for used CDs, but these are flawless. Not even fingerprints! All early pressings so no loudness wars.

BTW, I am listening to all these today.

Dio - Magica & Slayer - Haunting the Chapel

d3zCwEr.jpg

Testament - the Legacy & Witchcraft - S/T

w5JHF5t.jpg

Dokken - Breaking the Chains & Metal Church - The Dark

0So7Kby.jpg

Overkill - Under the Influence

s7LEtae.jpg
I'd say you did VERY well. Nice haul!!!
:thumbsup:

wSg18VS.jpg

QPn9wGm.jpg

Gr9Cu3s.jpg

WUCrIBk.jpg

ePsNURC.jpg

e4Ilqbk.jpg

Fn1UaHU.jpg
Good call, Hofy. Tapes are fun, but they're not the real deal at that price point...just keep seeking the vinyl and you'll be cool.

Krokus? Never heard of them! LOL

I was digging around my music storage area upstairs earlier this afternoon and came across...
Krokus - Metal Rendez-Vous (Actual Cassette).jpg
My wife said she has no idea to this day why she purchased this album. It may have been a freebie, clearance sale item, or a buy one, get one free purchase. Since I've never heard it before, I'll give it a "spin."

Krokus - Metal Rendez-vous
Cover.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

Last edited:
I was digging around my music storage area upstairs earlier this afternoon and came across...
View attachment 1014033
My wife said she has no idea to this day why she purchased this album. It may have been a freebie, clearance sale item, or a buy one, get one free purchase. Since I've never heard it before, I'll give it a "spin."

Krokus - Metal Rendez-vous
View attachment 1014051
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154
I gave the album a listen last night while completely ****ing up a sudoku puzzle and the stand-out tracks, to me, are "Tokyo Nights" and "Fire," both of which feature above-average mini guitar solos and excellent drumming. Best track? "Streamer." I also like the vocal arrangements featured in "Lady Double-Dealer." I'll never be a fan of the group, but will admit this is an O.K. release overall.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom