Todays METAL playlist

Queensryche ~ Self Titled 12" EP.
1982 EMI America DLP-19006

https://www.discogs.com/Queensrÿche-Queensrÿche/master/70727
013.jpg

I just had to put some Anthrax on the platter tonight. Saw them live this past Monday; and another killer show. They never fail to entertain! But, it was my wife's first ever thrash metal gig. In the 25 years we have been together I could never tempt her to a proper metal gig, but this time around I finally talked her into it. And she absolutely LOVED the Anthrax show!

The line up was Havok, Anthrax & Killswitch Engage.

Havok are real old school, and remind me of Overkill. Anthrax always ****ing rule; 'nuff said. Killswitch.....nah, not my type. I'm just not that angry a person to appreciate!

This was apparently the first time Anthrax had ever played in a country & western bar. They were looking for the chicken wire when they walked onto the stage ;)

The set list was:
  1. I Can't Turn You Loose
  2. Among the Living
  3. Caught in a Mosh
  4. Got the Time
  5. Madhouse
  6. Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't
  7. Breathing Lightning
  8. Medusa
  9. I Am the Law
  10. Be All, End All
  11. Antisocial
  12. Indians

oFv2z26.jpg

I just had to put some Anthrax on the platter tonight. Saw them live this past Monday; and another killer show. They never fail to entertain! But, it was my wife's first ever thrash metal gig. In the 25 years we have been together I could never tempt her to a proper metal gig, but this time around I finally talked her into it. And she absolutely LOVED the Anthrax show!

The line up was Havok, Anthrax & Killswitch Engage.

Havok are real old school, and remind me of Overkill. Anthrax always ****ing rule; 'nuff said. Killswitch.....nah, not my type. I'm just not that angry a person to appreciate!

This was apparently the first time Anthrax had ever played in a country & western bar. They were looking for the chicken wire when they walked onto the stage ;)

The set list was:
  1. I Can't Turn You Loose
  2. Among the Living
  3. Caught in a Mosh
  4. Got the Time
  5. Madhouse
  6. Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't
  7. Breathing Lightning
  8. Medusa
  9. I Am the Law
  10. Be All, End All
  11. Antisocial
  12. Indians

oFv2z26.jpg
Very cool story. Love me some Anthrax. Saw them many times with the classic lineup (Belladonna, Spitz et, al) way, way back in the good old days.

First time I saw Anthrax live was in Manchester, England on the State of Euphoria tour. Living Colour were the support band.

I don't recall them being close to my area before then, or even after.

I've seen them a couple of times, always play their hearts out. They were touring with Helloween and Exodus when I saw them on the State of Euphoria tour. Helluva show.

First time I saw Anthrax live was in Manchester, England on the State of Euphoria tour. Living Colour were the support band.
I don't recall them being close to my area before then, or even after.
I've seen them a couple of times, always play their hearts out. They were touring with Helloween and Exodus when I saw them on the State of Euphoria tour. Helluva show.
I enjoyed being Caught in the Mosh and doing a War Dance back in '87 (club show) and '91 (Clash of the Titans). :rockon:

The first time I saw Anthrax was at The Wax Museum in D.C., May 30th, 1984. They were supporting their first album, Fistful Of Metal. Neil Turbin was still the vocalist. I'm virtually certain Dan Lilker was still their bass player at the time.
They were opening for Raven, who were supporting their third album, All For One.
Yeah, those were good times to be a metalhead in D.C.
004.jpg

Soulfly - Omen (Deluxe Edition)

Cover.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

Back
Top Bottom