Todays METAL playlist

Anthrax - Spreading the Disease
51gVyF2IA%2BL._SX425_.jpg

Haven't a clue why I pulled this out, as it hasn't been played since about 1991!!! I guess curiosity got the better of me.

From the height (?) of the Funk Rock phase of things, White Trash. There's actually some good stuff on here; piercing horn section and good bass lines.

A fun bit of trivia: the album cover was illustrated by legendary Mad magazine contributor Jack Davis.

mL0bl0K.jpg

A band that can't be pigeon holed into one genre; there is just so much going on with this debut and only release from T-Ride. The vocal style of Dan Arlie definitely takes some getting used to. The vid at the bottom is the opening track.

This next bit is borrowed from elsewhere on t'web:

"It's funky, close to industrial beats with lovely arrangements and layers and layers of Def Leppard-ish kind of vocal harmonies. On top of this - stunning guitar playing 'ala Van Halen and groovy yet highly catchy material. I guess the music itself is somehow ecclectically structured, however, it's clearly based upon hard rock and it's one of my all-time favourite albums. In short - it's some kind of wild mixture of massive beats from the school of Michael/Janet Jackson, funk 'ala Extreme, Faith No More, Prince, and classic kikk-azz hardrock in the vein of Van Halen, Queen, and Def Leppard. Yes, it's a hybrid! unique!"

h1Agc6A.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't a clue why I pulled this out, as it hasn't been played since about 1991!!! I guess curiosity got the better of me.

From the height (?) of the Funk Rock phase of things, White Trash. There's actually some good stuff on here; piercing horn section and good bass lines.

A fun bit of trivia: the album cover was illustrated by legendary Mad magazine contributor Jack Davis.

mL0bl0K.jpg
Hey TB, the artwork is definitely reminiscent of the era. Definitely reminds me of MAD, Cracked, Crary, Cartoon, comic mags etc... Thanks!!

I'm totally with you Delmarva!!!! 1st two records rock! Got mocked at school for liking this back in the day and then MTV hit and everyone shit their pants and thought TS was the cats ass....
I used to love Twisted Sister back in their early days. Haven't listened to them in ages.
Maybe others have made this connection or maybe it's a revelation. Maybe I'm completely off base, But the first song on side two, "We're Gonna Make It" had it's riff totally stolen three years later by The Beastie Boys on "Fight For Your Right".
yeah, just listened to Fight For Your Right...blatant rip off.

Back
Top Bottom