Todays METAL playlist

Venom - Welcome To Hell
1981 Neat Records NEAT 1002

https://www.discogs.com/Venom-Welcome-To-Hell/master/57700
002.jpg

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-new-wave-of-british-heavy-metal.848685/page-23

Shit, after a hectic Xmas period fitting a new kitchen, and all that entails, I finally get to play some recently bought vinyl.

Found in the $5.00 bin, a very dodgy and obviously water damaged cover, but the vinyl is clean and VG++, so I 'splurged' on my first Twisted Sister vinyl purchase.

TO2l62G.jpg

WOW! Very cool!:smoke:

Having grown up approx. 1.5 hr drive from Montreal, I was fortunate enough to have attended the early underground Metal Festivals hosted in that fine city!

Banzai Axe Festival (August 17th, 1985) at the Palladium
-Slayer
-Metal Church
-Exodus
-Hallow's Eve
-Agent Steel

World War III Festival (November 30th, 1985) at the Palladium (1st time Celtic Frost & Destruction had played in North America.. as well as Possessed 1st outside the US)
-Voivod
-Celtic Frost
-Destruction
-Nasty Savage
-Possessed

No Speed Limit Festival (November 11th and 12th, 1986) at the Spectrum

November 11th
-Voivod
-D.R.I.
-Sacrifice
-Aggression

November 12th
-Voivod
-Agnostic Front (with Billy Milano)
-Possessed
-Nuclear Assault
Was a good time to be a teen!:rockon:

WOW! Very cool!:smoke:

Having grown up approx. 1.5 hr drive from Montreal, I was fortunate enough to have attended the early underground Metal Festivals hosted in that fine city!

Banzai Axe Festival (August 17th, 1985) at the Palladium
-Slayer
-Metal Church
-Exodus
-Hallow's Eve
-Agent Steel

World War III Festival (November 30th, 1985) at the Palladium (1st time Celtic Frost & Destruction had played in North America.. as well as Possessed 1st outside the US)
-Voivod
-Celtic Frost
-Destruction
-Nasty Savage
-Possessed

No Speed Limit Festival (November 11th and 12th, 1986) at the Spectrum

November 11th
-Voivod
-D.R.I.
-Sacrifice
-Aggression

November 12th
-Voivod
-Agnostic Front (with Billy Milano)
-Possessed
-Nuclear Assault
Was a good time to be a teen!:rockon:

Fantastic stuff to have seen! I think the tape box is still available from the label if you need it.

Fantastic stuff to have seen! I think the tape box is still available from the label if you need it.

I consider myself VERY fortunate to have seen the festivals @ the beginning of some truly ground breaking music while seeing acts that were fundamentally cutting they're teeth early in their careers.

One of the demos from the NSL tape box set which I'm shocked its still available, even in remastered format. Huh.

Picked up at a local gig back in the day. Will play later on this evening.
20190105_194711.jpg 20190105_194729.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom