Todays METAL playlist

I think this is the only punk band in my collection.They were such a huge influence on so many metal bands of the early '80's that I bought a bunch of their albums.
Metallica's James Hetfield was and is a huge fan. On Hard Wired To Self Destruct he took the title for "Spit Out The Bone" from a line in the G.B.H song "Passenger On The Menu" on side two of this album.
G.B.H's song was inspired by the South American rugby team who's plane crashed in the Andes back in 1972, the survivors resorting to cannibalism in the end. Their story made famous in the book and movie "Alive".
Hetfield's song is about eschewing technology before it completely takes over our lives..
44628_1_ver1480087927.jpg

Charged G.B.H - City Baby Attacked By Rats
Clay Records CLAY LP 4

https://www.discogs.com/Charged-GBH-City-Baby-Attacked-By-Rats/master/18828
015.jpg

016.jpg

007.jpg

Last edited:
Portland, OR 1985. I was indirectly responsible for this cd release. Found this tape for $1 in a junk shop, found out how good the music is, spread it to the Corroseum diehard headbangers, Stormspell tracked band down and released the cd.
IMG_1535.JPG

Portland, OR 1985. I was indirectly responsible for this cd release. Found this tape for $1 in a junk shop, found out how good the music is, spread it to the Corroseum diehard headbangers, Stormspell tracked band down and released the cd.
index.php
Cool story compadre.
Love the album artwork. Was it newly done or did it come from the middle ages? If someone told me that was done in 1542 Germany I'd believe it. That's some some sick stuff.

Cool story compadre.
Love the album artwork. Was it newly done or did it come from the middle ages? If someone told me that was done in 1542 Germany I'd believe it. That's some some sick stuff.
no idea on the artwork...great Power metal if you want to check it on youtube

Back
Top Bottom