Today's Neo-Psych Playlist

Greek Psych from a band called Naxatras. From a random YouTube playlist. I like it a lot/

It's not available in hard format so bought a FLAC copy from their Bandcamp website.

Love to see the lead guitarist's effects setup.

Last edited:
^^^^^ Today's Medi-Psych Playlist, anyone? ^^^^^

It makes me feel really old when I realize that some neo-psych groups were around over 35 years ago. There are also groups that hung on after the summer of love but I wouldn't consider them neo. Major Arcana was an offshoot of The Bloomsbury People from the early 70s. They were still doing psych in 1976. We'll have to have a discussion of what years encompass early, middle and current neo-psych.

It makes me feel really old when I realize that some neo-psych groups were around over 35 years ago. There are also groups that hung on after the summer of love but I wouldn't consider them neo. Major Arcana was an offshoot of The Bloomsbury People from the early 70s. They were still doing psych in 1976. We'll have to have a discussion of what years encompass early, middle and current neo-psych.

Bob,

Are you familiar with a mid '70s band outta the Indianapolis (or was it Ann Arbor, MI?) area called Anonymous? Anonymous had @ least one (excellent!) release entitled Inside The Shadow (A Major Label, 1976). IIRC, the "founder" of this band built it from the ashes of a previous ensemble and might also have created a third ensemble from the ashes of Anonymous...

In any event, another good example of an ensemble that would qualify for Medi-Psych status.

If you've not hear Inside The Shadow, I highly recommend it, I think you'd love it. It's "up there" w/ the only LP ever released by the band Zerfas.

Bob,

Are you familiar with a mid '70s band outta the Indianapolis (or was it Ann Arbor, MI?) area called Anonymous? Anonymous had @ least one (excellent!) release entitled Inside The Shadow (A Major Label, 1976). IIRC, the "founder" of this band built it from the ashes of a previous ensemble and might also have created a third ensemble from the ashes of Anonymous...

In any event, another good example of an ensemble that would qualify for Medi-Psych status.

If you've not hear Inside The Shadow, I highly recommend it, I think you'd love it. It's "up there" w/ the only LP ever released by the band Zerfas.

@bobsvinyl ---

Look and ye shall find: of course Inside The Shadow (1976) by the band Anonymous -- the full album -- is available @ The Toob, and in links depicting BOTH examples of the LP's cover art, i.e., the first "pressing" depicting the standing, fancifully-posed feller on tip-toes, and the second "pressing" depicting the seated figures in the weirdly striped outfit resting against a striped background.

Links to each below:

1. First Pressing:

2. Second Pressing:

@bobsvinyl ---

Look and ye shall find: of course Inside The Shadow (1976) by the band Anonymous -- the full album -- is available @ The Toob, and in links depicting BOTH examples of the LP's cover art, i.e., the first "pressing" depicting the standing, fancifully-posed feller on tip-toes, and the second "pressing" depicting the seated figures in the weirdly striped outfit resting against a striped background.

Links to each below:

1. First Pressing:

2. Second Pressing:

Heck, I might as well have a listen to the full LP this morning. I think I'll go w/ the second pressing which, IIRC, had a "cleaner" and better-balanced SQ than the first pressing, or @ was the case w/ my copies of the LPs (one 1st pressing and 2 of the second pressing). First pressing was, IIRC, "noisy", and I bought it in unplayed condition.

Just spent an hour looking for my old posts searching for the earworm riff on this.

The Mystery Lights-

I live close to Todmorden in the UK,the Golden Lion is ground zero for psyche bands to play.
These nearly blew the windows out.
Gnod the pride of Salford.
Things happen around the 9 minutes mark,play loud,very loud.

I live close to Todmorden in the UK,the Golden Lion is ground zero for psyche bands to play.
These nearly blew the windows out.
Gnod the pride of Salford.
Things happen around the 9 minutes mark,play loud,very loud.

Very good. They must put something in the water in Manchester.

And inside cakes.
Its a truly mad place,skip to the 3 minute 30 mark,Im the skin head in the background with my fellow hendonists.
Its 7am in the morning and the ahem "fuel for the evening" has not yet worn off,if you know what I mean.

:banana::banana:

Back
Top Bottom