Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Now Playing : Genesis - A Trick of the Tail
index.php

Golden Earring -- Moontan --
71Z2JJG27WL._SX522_.jpg

A very distinct memory with this album from when I was probably no older than about 7 or 8 in the mid-70s. My family had gone over to visit my aunt's family (mom's sister). We kids were all supposed to be playing, but I was always a music fan and I asked if I could just sit in the living room and listen. My uncle said that was fine as long as I just sat there, didn't move and didn't touch anything. He was *very* particular about his equipment; I really wish at this point that I knew what he had. At some point that evening he put this album on (I have no memory of hearing the album, but there is no other album that looks like that one) and went back to the kitchen table where the adults were playing cards. He had put the cover somewhere within my line of sight and I recall scooting closer and closer to it as it played. As some point he caught me moving and said "You like what you see there, boy?" and laughed. Horribly embarrassing for that age and he knew it and didn't care. And yes, I do have a copy of my own now :music:

A very distinct memory with this album from when I was probably no older than about 7 or 8 in the mid-70s. My family had gone over to visit my aunt's family (mom's sister). We kids were all supposed to be playing, but I was always a music fan and I asked if I could just sit in the living room and listen. My uncle said that was fine as long as I just sat there, didn't move and didn't touch anything. He was *very* particular about his equipment; I really wish at this point that I knew what he had. At some point that evening he put this album on (I have no memory of hearing the album, but there is no other album that looks like that one) and went back to the kitchen table where the adults were playing cards. He had put the cover somewhere within my line of sight and I recall scooting closer and closer to it as it played. As some point he caught me moving and said "You like what you see there, boy?" and laughed. Horribly embarrassing for that age and he knew it and didn't care. And yes, I do have a copy of my own now :music:
:rflmao: That was a funny story. My father was very fond of this song.. I don't remember how many times I heard it on his Yamaha gear. Which BTW is now mine.:biggrin: The gear. That is. I love this song and it sounds much better on " my Yamaha" gear.:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom