Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Now Playing : Pink Floyd - Meddle MFSL CD
She came today and sounds so sweet!

index.php

index.php

Pink Floyd - The Wall (CDs from my Immersion box)

In late 1986 and early 1987, I was in Basic Military Training with the US Air Force in San Antonio, Texas. At some point late in training, they started allowing us a very small amount of free time. One day I went to the library to see what they had and what I found was a section with a bunch of reel-to-reels, one of them being Pink Floyd's The Wall. I didn't have time that particular day, but I made a note of it, so I could come back in on the weekend, because I knew I needed a stress break. That was my first experience with R2R (had to have someone show me how to set it up) *and* how I discovered the beginning ("we came in") and ending ("isn't this where") bits of the album because I was listening on headphones for probably the first time. Mind. Blown.

And it has lost nothing in the ensuing 30 years. I'm still discovering new things every time I listen to it. My favorite is the bit in The Trial when, right after The Judge sings "fills me with the urge to defecate," a voice shouts out "go on, Judge, shit on him!"

Pink Floyd - The Wall (CDs from my Immersion box)

In late 1986 and early 1987, I was in Basic Military Training with the US Air Force in San Antonio, Texas. At some point late in training, they started allowing us a very small amount of free time. One day I went to the library to see what they had and what I found was a section with a bunch of reel-to-reels, one of them being Pink Floyd's The Wall. I didn't have time that particular day, but I made a note of it, so I could come back in on the weekend, because I knew I needed a stress break. That was my first experience with R2R (had to have someone show me how to set it up) *and* how I discovered the beginning ("we came in") and ending ("isn't this where") bits of the album because I was listening on headphones for probably the first time. Mind. Blown.

And it has lost nothing in the ensuing 30 years. I'm still discovering new things every time I listen to it. My favorite is the bit in The Trial when, right after The Judge sings "fills me with the urge to defecate," a voice shouts out "go on, Judge, shit on him!"

Great story Wayne! thanks for sharing.

Pink Floyd - The Early Singles (bonus disc from the Shine On box set)

Yes, I have the Shine On box, also (along with the Immersion boxes and the deluxe The Division Bell box). I think I've mentioned before that, while here at work, I listen to music from my home server. I was perusing through the folders and I counted 4 folders for Dark Side Of The Moon and that didn't count the Shine On version (although the 1992 version that is in there should be exactly the same) nor the Immersion version. Nor does it count the LPs that I have (at least 3 of them). Yeah, I'm a glutton when it comes to Pink Floyd. I can't help myself. One of these days (har har), when I get everything organized better, I will have to set them out and take a picture for you guys. Yes, to show off. :banana: Because I'm :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom