Today's Progressive Rock Tunes

Santana - III
index.php

Between the buried and me - the album "the great misdirect" and anything that came out after

Cynic - traced in air
Their first album is amazing as well but is more metal than it is rock. Their newer stuff is also good if a little more "out there"

I went to see the Roger Waters show at the United Center in Chicago last night.

I thought the show was great. The show featured some of the most impressive special effects / production values I have ever seen at a rock concert. Giant flying pig - check. Animals building in middle of venue? Check. Huge laser pyramid with rainbow colors? Check.

Roger is really the ring-leader of a Pink Floyd circus he creates for the tour, and that works pretty well, as happily the band he has is very, very talented. Jon Carin is awesome and has been playing this material for decades with both Roger and Gilmour. And I have to say Dave Kilminster was absolutely fantastic - he is a great guitarist. Love him in Steven Wilson's band, and I loved him last night. The show NEEDED him and he delivered big time. The music was played at a very, very high level.

Roger's vocals on WYWH were fine enough for that song, and he was actually on very good voice overall, so the PF songs that were originally his were great. To my surprise I actually preferred this, or a group-sing, versus the guy (Jonathan Wilson) who they had sing the Gilmour vocals of Dogs and Money. The two female singers were terrific, though, and did wonders for the vocals. Overall, very impressive show, and highly enjoyable night of music.

I went to see the Roger Waters show at the United Center in Chicago last night.

I thought the show was great. The show featured some of the most impressive special effects / production values I have ever seen at a rock concert. Giant flying pig - check. Animals building in middle of venue? Check. Huge laser pyramid with rainbow colors? Check.

Roger is really the ring-leader of a Pink Floyd circus he creates for the tour, and that works pretty well, as happily the band he has is very, very talented. Jon Carin is awesome and has been playing this material for decades with both Roger and Gilmour. And I have to say Dave Kilminster was absolutely fantastic - he is a great guitarist. Love him in Steven Wilson's band, and I loved him last night. The show NEEDED him and he delivered big time. The music was played at a very, very high level.

Roger's vocals on WYWH were fine enough for that song, and he was actually on very good voice overall, so the PF songs that were originally his were great. To my surprise I actually preferred this, or a group-sing, versus the guy (Jonathan Wilson) who they had sing the Gilmour vocals of Dogs and Money. The two female singers were terrific, though, and did wonders for the vocals. Overall, very impressive show, and highly enjoyable night of music.
Thanks for the great report. Cheers :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom