Today's "Rap/ Hip Hop" Playlist

DasRacist_ShutUpDude.jpg

Slim Thug / Incredible Feeling / Promo Only LP

Attachments

• slim thug.jpg
    slim thug.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I'm not huge into Rap, i'm alright with most hip-hop, though. By bizzare circumstance, I really like N.W.A - Straight outta compton, I don't like gangsta rap, at least the modern stuff, but there is something in Straight outta compton I really enjoy. Perhaps its the sampling which is top-notch, and the rapping, while having violence/etc is quite humorous and talks about serious topics. I can't quite explain why I really like this over any other rap album i've bothered to look up even a little, but there it is.

I may have to look into what you guys post, bound to be some awesome stuff:yes:

album-NWA-Straight-Outta-Compton.jpg

By the way, ran across this while "researching" where Weird Al got the title for "straight outta lynwood", I knew about this album, but have never heard anything from it. One listen to "F*** the police" was all it took. Though, naturally, my favorite gradually wound up being Dopeman(remix), a close second being "I ain't tha one"

You're a little bit behind 33...:sigh:...kidding (not really).

That album is a classic, back to the golden age. That's the era I grew up in, and why I am forever enamoured with hip hop.

Nowadays, you must put your ear to the street to get the real stuff. Everything on the radio and in the clubs, for the most part, is a bunch of fake gangsta, auto-tune nonsense. For making money, it's perfect, but for pushing the art of hip hop forward, it does nothing.

Lately I reach mostly for Roots Manuva, Das Racist, my Gangstarr collection (RIP Guru), Dizzee Rascal, Mos Def and a few others. Try out some of those names and you may be surprised when they actually have something real and intelligent to say to you.

Oh and BTW... just to bring you up to snuff, rap is a component of hip hop. Rapping is what you do and hip hop is the culture as a whole. OK Audi like 5 G's....peace.

OK Audi like 5 G's....peace.

Ok Mr 1990...lol

In regards to hard core rap. Most people refuse to understand that it's all entertainment. Even your best in hollywood got shot or killed at the wrong place at the wrong time. Most if not ALL of those actors in Goodfellas and Scarface never shot anybody either. Sex and violence is all over TV and Theaters. Unless you only watch HGTV.

Anyways...Rap music is the reason I started hunting down rare jazz and beep bop and rare R&B albums they use for some sampling. I wouldnt know about most of them if it wasn't for rap and sampling.

Almost every rapper on the planet sampled The Funky Worm by The Ohio Players (dope man by NWA) It was only smart that Westbound records re-issue that original album. Before NWA, most youngsters and non-funk lovers did NOT know who The Ohio Players was other than Love Roller Coaster. So rap run much deeper than the weak reasons why most hate it. Hip hop been around since 1972 (DJ Kool Herc)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom