Today's ROCKABILLY play list

Gonna compile a list of # 1's as I've done in on other genres from AK...so doing the same for rock-a-billy. I put these on USB sticks and take them when on a trip, or when I'm just to lazy to spin a disc.

To help out, what is your vote for the bestest of the singers/groups in this slice of the music world.

Q

Factmag lists this as number 17....as much as I like The Clash, I just don't agree. It's pretty lame. (It's not The Clash playing, just interpretations of their tunes)

Last edited:
I saw The Stray Cats live (at least once, maybe twice).

The stand-up bass player could jump up, perch his feet on top of the bass body, sit on his heels, and continue to play while balancing on the support peg.

He did it a couple of times, for about 10 seconds each time. It was cool.

Can't believe that I came across a RAB CD that had fallen behind a book shelf! Been missing it for the better part of two years and had played it only the once. Thought I had dropped it out of the car. Happy? S##t, ya!

Picked it up in Nashville and it's really a potpourri/ mix of rock-a-billy (18 tracks) that had some performers I'd never heard before. However, there's the better known like The Killer, Cash, Holly, Perkins, Orbison etc.

The CD is titled "Memphis Rocks" (1992) Smithsonian Institution, and the Center for Southern Folklore (Memphis, TN) by Bruce Talbot & Judy Peiser.

Hope any of the above info can help anyone who has the whereabouts in obtaining this disc. It's great having it...again. :)

Q

Last edited:
Man, being new here I'm still catching up to everything on this site. Had no idea there was a rockabilly thread.
I love this kind of music! So glad I found this.

Back
Top Bottom