Today's Shoegaze Playlist

BostonDave

Lunatic Member
At the risk of starting one too many playlist threads I'm going to push forth with this one if for no other good reason than to get me to stop posting so much shoegaze in the indie playlist because there's no where else to put it.

I've been a big shoegaze fan since the early 90's... back when it was actually a commercially viable artform. It never really died, just slipped out of the realm of what was 'pop'. Lot's of bands still producing great stuff in this genre (although they call it nugaze now - some 20 years on).

So shoegaze, nugaze, variations of anything from droning, distortion soaked, waves of noise from female singer lead performimg bands who sound like they're reverberating through arenas to the 4 tracked musings of a lone teenager running an electric guitar through a Lexicon are all welcome here.

I'll start this off with one that's clearly in the Nugaze category but would have sounded quite at home at the turn of the 90's.

Autumn's Grey Solace
Over the Ocean
Projekt

Well I haven't been listening to it much lately but I'm a huge fan too, particular Slowdive. You'll find that unnecessary play list threads sink if they're, well, unnecessary, so no worries there. I know of at least one other AKer who's a shoegaze fan, I'm sure there are more.

Kitchens of Distinction. Capsule (excellent best of). Fantastic band that led right into shoegaze.

Well I haven't been listening to it much lately but I'm a huge fan too, particular Slowdive. You'll find that unnecessary play list threads sink if they're, well, unnecessary, so no worries there. I know of at least one other AKer who's a shoegaze fan, I'm sure there are more.

if for no other reason, thanks to Dave in B and Mr Lin & this thread for reminding me that I'd been intending for weeks now to throw a copy of Souvlaki onto my flash drive to take to a friend's house to install on her PC for her Zune or Ipod schtick. Thanks gents! :thmbsp:

Now I'm feeling the need to break out some Hope Sandoval...

Hope is Shoegaze? :scratch2: OK

Hope Sandoval & The Warm Inventions ~ At The Doorway Again

31V3PAD6ERL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Going to keep the nugaze going for now. I'll break out some of the classic stuff soon. I've got some painting to do later today and shoegaze is great music to paint to... so we'll see about digging out some old favorites then.

The Daysleepers
Drowned in a Sea of Sound
Clairecords/Rain Delay Music

Slowdive
Souvlaki

Put this sucker on late last night; about an hour into it, dreamland for me; such a calming and luxurious listen. Gonna bring out Pygmalion tonight.

Slowdive
Souvlaki

Put this sucker on late last night; about an hour into it, dreamland for me; such a calming and luxurious listen. Gonna bring out Pygmalion tonight.

Pygmalion is the one I've drifted off into dreamland to more times than I can count on fingers. Great for afternoon naps especially.

I played "Today" from Galaxie 500 a couple days ago. Too soon to play again :scratch2:
Good idea for a thread title. I was thinking psychedelia was the closest genre.

I've still yet to figure out what Shoegaze is? Never heard of it before, and looking at examples here, I'm confused about that genre..

When I read the thread title, I was thinking that Tiga song Shoes..

I'm wondering if Dido counts. Her vocal style is quite similar to some of the shoegaze/nugaze singers.

Back
Top Bottom