Today's SOUL Playlist

That's right..... The Technics SL-B1 was a manual turntable....

But LORD, that little table was a HONEY...... Simplistic in operation. One of the first good turntables I gotten the privilege to touch.

The cue lever operated smooth as SILK....

Very musical in the mids and highs, with powerful tight bottom end.

I think your SL-B3 has the same sound, but like you said, your SL-B3 is fully automatic.

--Charles--

Yes, exactly! The cueing is silky smooth still, very dampened on the downward motion! The sound is exactly like you describe it! So simple to use! I added some of those round pads that don't scratch stuff to the bottom of the SL-B3 feet. These are the thicker tan ones not the thin green pads. They isolate stuff even more! I have a kit with all different sizes and added them to my phono preamp feet and even the SL-1650! Simple tweak!

G'day Charles up until a couple of days ago the 1210 was just hooked up to my yamaha c50 pre amp phono section which was good,i just bought a schiit mani phono pre and it is now hooked up to that,i'm running a denon 301 mrk2 MC cartridge with it,and it's sounding really good,the schiit mani can do both MM & MC carts.
I didn't install the cart myself as i'm not sure of how to set them up, i got somebody to do that for me who is skilled at it,i didn't want to spend $400 Australian on the denon and then have myself damage it trying to set it up,having said that when i got the cart set up at the same time i had moderations done to the turntable also so it was a no brainer to get the cart done at the same time.

Here in the states, a Denon 301 is about $350.00 to about $450.00.

And they say, it is an MC that sets the standard by which other MC carts are judged and measured.

I've never used an MC until I got my Sumiko BPS EVO III (mines is a High Output MC, but is plugged into my Jelco SA-750D onto my Thorens TD-160, and plugged into a PS Audio GCPH).

But I am going to get a Nagoaka MP-200 to go with my Technics. This one's a high quality MM this time. But I may get me a Denon 301 Mk2 when I am serious about using a MC in my system (and I will try it on both tables..... but I may end up using it on the Technics (which is going to be done up by then)).

--Charles--

And they say, it is an MC that sets the standard by which other MC carts are judged and measured.

I've never used an MC until I got my Sumiko BPS EVO III (mines is a High Output MC, but is plugged into my Jelco SA-750D onto my Thorens TD-160, and plugged into a PS Audio GCPH).

But I am going to get a Nagoaka MP-200 to go with my Technics. This one's a high quality MM this time. But I may get me a Denon 301 Mk2 when I am serious about using a MC in my system (and I will try it on both tables..... but I may end up using it on the Technics (which is going to be done up by then)).

--Charles--
i paid 425 australian for mine charles,and it is a great cart,it is also a high output MC.

--Charles--

I really enjoyed my Denon DL-301 MKII when I had it mounted on the SME 3009! Bought mine when Comet Supply was selling them for $179! Those days are over for sure! The DL-301 MKII is a cartridge where you don't hear very much groove noise! It's great with used records!! Very deep bass with the right amount of high frequencies.

NOW UP (AND FINAL FOR TONIGHT)

Wynton Marsalis -- Hot House Flowers -- Columbia (1984)(CD)

Volume Below Moderate (Quiet Listening)

--Charles--

R-2062516-1439350220-2692.jpeg.jpg

R-2062516-1439350219-3779.jpeg.jpg

R-2062516-1439350212-8363.jpeg.jpg

I really enjoyed my Denon DL-301 MKII when I had it mounted on the SME 3009! Bought mine when Comet Supply was selling them for $179! Those days are over for sure! The DL-301 MKII is a cartridge where you don't hear very much groove noise! It's great with used records!! Very deep bass with the right amount of high frequencies.

Think I will get one after I get my Nagoaka MP-200 then. When I get me a Denon DL-301 MkII, I definitely won't be getting another one (EVER)....

That's a "forever" cartridge right there.

I have a feeling it's going to mate well with my Technics SL-1210 M5G too.

--Charles--

Think I will get one after I get my Nagoaka MP-200 then. When I get me a Denon DL-301 MkII, I definitely won't be getting another one (EVER)....

That's a "forever" cartridge right there.

I have a feeling it's going to mate well with my Technics SL-1210 M5G too.

--Charles--

Yes, both should work good on your SL-1200 M5G.

I am still in the "Soul" sub-forum? Weird things (glitches) going on here at AK.

Anyway, I forgot yesterday's commute home-- Shuggie Otis, "Inspiration Information."

GJ

I am still in the "Soul" sub-forum? Weird things (glitches) going on here at AK.

You thougnt you were elsewhere, huh? Heh heh, GJ, first the "quote" clicker issue, now becoming lost in the maze of sub-forums, I think it's time y'all take yer smartphone in for a checkup!

But we're glad to have you aboard @ the Today's Soul Playlist thread, whether or not you intended to drop in and visit with us!

-M

A couple of 45's I hadn't listened to in awhile.
Currently having trouble getting either out of my mind.

You know, one of the interesting things about having maintained a presence on the internet as a record collector for good while, is that it's not uncommon that I find myself being "quoted"...if only anonymously. The 45 shown in the Priscilla Price video is mine....as is the rip itself. I posted both scan and clip to a blog at least 10 years ago. I did not post the video.
As I recall, there are two pressings of Geneva 508. One with "Mama", the other without.

Man, those are nice, @45rpmspinner ! keep that sorta stuff comin' @ us!

-M

You thougnt you were elsewhere, huh? Heh heh, GJ, first the "quote" clicker issue, now becoming lost in the maze of sub-forums, I think it's time y'all take yer smartphone in for a checkup!

But we're glad to have you aboard @ the Today's Soul Playlist thread, whether or not you intended to drop in and visit with us!

-M

Well, the gear talk and the Wynton Marsalis threw me off for a minute.

Re: iPhone, the time has come. I sealed the deal today by dropping it and putting a nice "shattered veneer" on the screen...

GJ

Well, the gear talk and the Wynton Marsalis threw me off for a minute.

Re: iPhone, the time has come. I sealed the deal today by dropping it and putting a nice "shattered veneer" on the screen...

GJ

Atta boy! I can't help "hearing" the voice of actor Joe E. Ross (Officer Gunther Toody, i.e., your avatar) when I read your posts. I loved that old program -- Car 54, Where Are You?. You must be a fan as well, huh?

Back
Top Bottom