Today's Texas Tunes and Musicians playlist.

p60800011hw9.jpg

TREEMONISHA
Scott Joplin
Original Cast Recording
Willard White, Ben Harney, Betty Allen, Carmen Balthrop, Cora Johnson, et al.
Houston Grand Opera Orchestra & Chorus
Gunther Schuller, arranger and conductor

Deutsche Grammophon

Since it's after 5 PM ... let's open a bottle and drink some .... Wine Wine Wine ... with The Nightcaps ... a Dallas group from the late '50s and early '60s that was a favorite of Jimmy and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

I borrowed the pic from ebay ... I was too lazy to take a pic of one of my several NM Deep Groove original pressings ... the Deep Groove is how you tell an original from the many re-issues that are floating around.

Attachments

• Nightcaps.jpg
    Nightcaps.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 28
Since it's after 5 PM ... let's open a bottle and drink some .... Wine Wine Wine ... with The Nightcaps ... a Dallas group from the late '50s and early '60s that was a favorite of Jimmy and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

I borrowed the pic from ebay ... I was too lazy to take a pic of one of my several NM Deep Groove original pressings ... the Deep Groove is how you tell an original from the many re-issues that are floating around.

Chip, they were a GREAT band!!!

P.S. How do/can you tell "deep groove"?

... P.S. How do/can you tell "deep groove"?

When I first heard the term "deep groove", I assumed it referred to how the record was cut ... but it refers to the single circular indentation about an inch inside the outer edge of the label ... look at one of your LPs from the '50s and you will see what I am talking about ... I can probably find a pic on the Net if you aren't following me.

Here's a pic of one of mine ...

Attachments

• Nightcaps Label.JPG
    Nightcaps Label.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom