Tom Petty Box Set To Be Released

jbrainey

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I heard today that a two CD set, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. 'An American Treasure' will be released Friday, September 28, 2018 and a six LP set later on Friday, November 23, 2018. The first taste was released yesterday on YouTube.

I'm hoping for some long versions of some deep cuts. :)

Still waiting for Wildflowers on vinyl. Last year there were rumors they were going to release a 3lp set with studio outtakes. Hypnotic Eye and Mojo on vinyl are outstanding. With the exception of The last DJ I have all his studio recordings on wax.

I was going to say the same thing ... what happened to Wallflowers? I bought all the Petty LP's BUT that one and it's in my top 3 favorites. To my knowledge, it was a very limited release on vinyl back in 94 and then it showed up in the red box set. I picked up the white box set and when I went back for the red it was sold out. I keep waiting ... I'm all in when it is released.

In reference to the new box set - I already have it on order. The song list looks fantastic and I love his live stuff. I bought the Anthology set when it first came out and it's great.

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Tom Petty is no longer with us. In the words of English philosophers Jagger/Richards .. Time waits for no one :(

Wildflowers is still on my Vinyl want list as well … along with the Mudcrutch LP's.

Last edited:
From what I can gather, the RED box set (containing a 2-LP version of Wildflowers) is about to be re-released soon. I talked to a sales rep at Music Direct earlier this week and he told me they expect to ship within the next week or two so I went ahead and placed my order. I've got my fingers crossed!

From what I can gather, the RED box set (containing a 2-LP version of Wildflowers) is about to be re-released soon. I talked to a sales rep at Music Direct earlier this week and he told me they expect to ship within the next week or two so I went ahead and placed my order. I've got my fingers crossed!

So this is the same set that was released a few years ago? Some of my most prized possessions are all the Tom Petty first issue vinyl releases but I don’t have Wildflowers. Of course Wildflowers is my favorite so I will probably buy this set for that album alone. Something about Petty’s music can only make you feel upbeat as he never wrote a depressing or downbeat song.

Yes. This is a re-release of "The Complete Studio Albums Volume Two (1994-2014)" which was originally released in December 2016 (or thereabouts). It's the only way I can find to get a vinyl copy of Wildflowers. That's the only reason that I ordered it, as will many others I'm sure. At $259, it's not cheap but a sealed copy of Wildflowers alone would cost more than that, if indeed you can even find one.

Yes. This is a re-release of "The Complete Studio Albums Volume Two (1994-2014)" which was originally released in December 2016 (or thereabouts). It's the only way I can find to get a vinyl copy of Wildflowers. That's the only reason that I ordered it, as will many others I'm sure. At $259, it's not cheap but a sealed copy of Wildflowers alone would cost more than that, if indeed you can even find one.

Could not resist, just ordered it.

Back
Top Bottom