Tonearm Height Adjustment Technics SL-230

Andrew Heck

Hey there, I can't find any info on adjusting the tonarm height on a Technics SL-230. Anyone know how or if it's an option.

You should not start another thread, I'm not going to chase you around for one table.

Your hight can be adjusted a couple of ways if it doesn't look level with the cartridge you have on it.

The thickness of the mat will change it as well as shims between the cartridge and head shell.

You should not start another thread, I'm not going to chase you around for one table.

Your hight can be adjusted a couple of ways if it doesn't look level with the cartridge you have on it.

The thickness of the mat will change it as well as shims between the cartridge and head shell.
Thank you very much for your input. I appreciate your advice and taking the time to help me out, but I started both threads back to back, not after you suggested the height issue. There was no intent to offend you or make you chase me around. I was already trying to work on that.
That being said, I am already using a very thin mat (3mm) and shims at the cartridge won't help because I need the height raised at the pivot point of the tonearm and I am thinking that spacers or shims would have the opposite effect.

Well, I'm having a bit of a problem. It's (only) a 12-page PDF doc, 3.8Mb, but the website is telling me that it's too big to upload. I just joined this membership 24 hours ago, what are my other options to send this to you?

Back
Top Bottom