Tonearm suggestions for Linn Basik TT wanted

tentoze

Twangophile
I will have a Basik TT arriving soon, without a tonearm. This is the first TT I will own that has tonearm swap-out capabilities, so if I sound uneducated on the topic, there's good reasons. Looking for suggestions for a tonearm that will:

1) Be drop-in compatible. Absolutely no interest in anything more complicated than dropping it in, making the connections, and playing rekkids.

2) Not break the bank. At this point, I'm not interested in putting a $1,000 tonearm on a $175 TT. Not sure that I can put an arbitrary max limit on what I'm willing to spend, but I'll know it when I see it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, but please mind the AK rules here- no links to sales or such. This isn't a solicitation to buy, just an attempt to educate myself on possibilities.

Thanx,
et

Tentoze, I have always heard great things about the Jelco arms. I think they are oem manufacturer for alot of companies. Last i remember, they were in the 2-300 range new.

I have considered getting one a couple different times.

Evan

The Akito should work nicely with it.

Actually, now that I think of it, there was some discussion of the Jelco arms in my recent thread - did you see this, tentoze?

I don't know a ton about the subject, but I do know that Jelco has produced arms (private label) for many more recognizable manufactures. Sumiko and AQ to name a couple that I know of.

There was a Sumiko (Jelco) LMT that I was looking at right here in town. I don't know if it is still available or anything you would be interested in, but I email just the same. Just to check on availability. I think he was asking $200 for it.

Consider it a preemptive strike.

RC

Attachments

• 1216050263.jpg
    1216050263.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 41
Theres two versions of the Akito. Shop, you can get an akito pretty cheap. Just gotta have some patience.

Theres two versions of the Akito. Shop, you can get an akito pretty cheap. Just gotta have some patience.

I hear you, but, Jeez...somehow, the prospect of having a box sitting in the corner with a new tt in it is a buzzkill right now.

Back
Top Bottom