too bassy a sansui ,THE AU-607...

I had one. They sound just like you said, very bassy for my taste. Sold it, dind't like the sound, probaly worst Sansui I ever had...

Attachments

• WP_20151204_10_23_40_Pro.jpg
    WP_20151204_10_23_40_Pro.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 25
No i never disliked this sansui 607....i highly recommend it to friends now ....i love its sound ......its a great amp....

Fine tunning the bass is underway . Maybe some replaced parts are low quality or out of spec , as speculated above.
midrange and HF is faboulous at this price .

I have just looked at the schematic for the AU-607 it is nearly identical to the AU-517 - there seems to be a slightly more complex protection circuit in the power amp, no multivibrator circuit for the protection light, the tone control circuitry is the same as the AU-517, but other than that I can't see any difference which might explain the 'too bassy' complaint. :dunno:

Attachments

• sansui-au607-int-sch1.pdf
    426.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hyperion ,
the tech has worked his way and found the problem somewhere between the speaker connector and the relays , the Pre amp and power amps are now clear of any component failure.....

i have recieved the amp today and will test it with sansui sp100i speakers .

Last edited:
Would be good to know EXACTLY what work was carried out to resolve this situation - therefore please ask your tech etc

There should be a significant increase in bass with loudness on. You said there was not much difference. Was there definitely a difference? If there wasnt an obvious increase in bass with switch engaged it just needed cleaning as it was always 'on' no matter switch setting. Would explain your observations perfectly in terms of bloated bass etc.

bass did make a difference but not anything as much as the usual 20db in lows or highs. but a difference was there . so im saying that the loudness switch was working .
but now the amp has returned after the 2nd look . and still at my friends home where its still not connected . ahhh lousy dude .

I have just looked at the schematic for the AU-607 it is nearly identical to the AU-517 - there seems to be a slightly more complex protection circuit in the power amp, no multivibrator circuit for the protection light, the tone control circuitry is the same as the AU-517, but other than that I can't see any difference which might explain the 'too bassy' complaint. :dunno:

wrong amp, not alpha ... looking for alpha607Dr schematic, only found scematin of AU607/517

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom