Top Ten Cool Things about Vintage Hi-Fi

It separates the "cool folk" from the "not so cool" folk. you all realize being into this vintage gear stuff pretty much classifies all of us as current hipsters to some degree right?

So are you like many now, bringing a little music out on the course with you? A bluetooth speaker on your cart or the like?
NO MAN !
This is how you ROCK the GOLF BAG !!
WATCH THIS & Learn !...LOL

My wife collects new Coach and D&B purses, and while they are beautifully made (especially the D&B) I don't see 3 to 500 bucks (or more)there. She doesn't quite get why I was so thrilled to throw a grand at a pair 40 year old amps either, but we have our own money and if the bills are paid nobody bitches about what the other one spends theirs on. It's a good system. And I agree. Quality goods are quality goods.

We never buy new. Many of the older Coach bags get put on eBay because they are not trendy but they are the best crafted. We usually pick them up for under $50 . Classic well made bags never go out of style, they may go out of fashion of course but never style .

We never buy new. Many of the older Coach bags get put on eBay because they are not trendy but they are the best crafted. We usually pick them up for under $50 . Classic well made bags never go out of style, they may go out of fashion of course but never style .
That's a great tip! I'll pass it along to my way better half, and your comment about the classics is spot on and can be applied to many different categories.

MCM, wow, that clock! I can see why someone would want one; hell, I want one and most clocks made today have those damned cheap plastic guts running off AA batteries.

Best one I've found so far, without spending stupid money, is Yamaha 530 (I think that's the model). Back lit tape well! Finally, someone who gets it! If you hold down FF or R a second longer, you get very fast forward and very fast rewind. None of this anemic spinning that I could best manually with a Bic pen inserted in the cogs. Beautiful display. Incredible recordings (HX-PRO, ya know). A lot easier to work on than any other tape deck I've been inside, with good parts, good build, and logical design. Nobody really wants them because they are--gasp--two heads, not three, and do not happen to be labelled "Nakamichi."

And the very best thing about vintage audio?

How it triggers certain people that don't like it. I must admit I do find it entertaining to watch some posters go batshit that so many like the old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom