Topping D30 + CCA thumbs up.

As the original poster let me restate: the reasonably priced Topping D30 DAC makes an audible improvement on my systems. I endorse its use.

You may have personal philosophical reasons why you would not like to own this highly regarded DAC but in my opinion and that of many other you're missing out.

As the original poster let me restate: the reasonably priced Topping D30 DAC makes an audible improvement on my systems. I endorse its use.

You may have personal philosophical reasons why you would not like to own this highly regarded DAC but in my opinion and that of many other you're missing out.

One day I will try one, the SMSL M8a is a little to bright for my tastes, the tubes mellow it out some but SS meh.

You should also warn folks that it comes with no warranty. They just might want to know that.

You should also warn folks that it comes with no warranty. They just might want to know that.

I did all my own research on this and different sites before I spent my money on this kind of stuff. The opinion is they are realblie and do good for the money. Its the new version of going to the store and test riding. If your on here talking about stuff you shouldn’t need to be spoon fed research you should be doing before you spend your money. And guess what that’s what you did so it’s all good.

:beerchug:

Just looked through the paperwork for my 2 SMSL pieces, no mention of a warranty. I did purposely get them from MassDrop and Amazon so I could just deal with the seller.

So what you seem to be saying is there is no company warranty, but amazon is offering a free one year warranty? What if you buy from massdrop? Will amazon cover you?

Thank you, this is what I was asking for since I couldn’t find it or anything definitive. Strange that no one else knew anything about this for the better part of a day.

Most of use looked at all the peer reviews on reliability and quality. I don’t plan on these companies doing anything right at 8 months so I don’t even consider it, if they do great, and people say they do. The risk to $ from reviews on sites like this one made me good with it. I just bought from a known seller so I could deal with them for a few months if need be.

:beerchug:

My Topping D30 has been in service for two years and is played daily. I have a Topping t-amp that is 10 years old and it sounds as good as the day it arrived from China

I own lots of Chinese gear and never one issue with reliability.

Last edited:
No issues here with my Topping D30 and it has been over a year. I haven't has any issues with electronic Chinese products over the past five years.

Anybody having stuttering issues with CCA + D30 when playing Hi-Res files ( Qobuz for me ) ? This is the case for me and a quick google search shows this indeed is an unresolved issue and have not heard it mentioned here in AK. Is there any other alternatives to be able to use the D30 using an app so I can change tracks from my couch ( like using CCA ) without costing an arm or a leg? I have used the D30 with my chromebook with an USB and while it sounds great without any stutter issues at any resolution, its a pain to have to get up and change tracks.

I have used the D30 with my chromebook with an USB and while it sounds great without any stutter issues at any resolution, its a pain to have to get up and change tracks.

I am not using a D30. But anytime my CCA to any of my DACs have any "stuttering", dropouts etc its is my interweb/WiFi not the CCA or DACs. Its worst with Qobuz for me, file size and interweb limitations. Sounds like a WiFi issue to me.

I am not using a D30. But anytime my CCA to any of my DACs have any "stuttering", dropouts etc its is my interweb/WiFi not the CCA or DACs. Its worst with Qobuz for me, file size and interweb limitations. Sounds like a WiFi issue to me.

Any way I can fix this? My WAP is only a few feet away from all the equipment so can't get any closer and speed is close to 50mbps.

And keep in mind no stutter issue with hi res with CCA alone. Only when using optical out.

Any way I can fix this? My WAP is only a few feet away from all the equipment so can't get any closer and speed is close to 50mbps.

And keep in mind no stutter issue with hi res with CCA alone. Only when using optical out.

If your WiFi is straight and not having a D30 I have nothing else for you, sorry. I just chimed in as I have noticed often times the problem ends up being the persons WiFi. I don't think your getting "hi-Res" with the CCA only, I think its 24/96 which even my crappy internet handles fine.
I may be wrong.

I have also had issues streaming full hi-res from Qobuz to my CCA. I’ve also found it to be a WiFi signal/bandwidth issue, not an issue with the D30 or CCA. Restarting my modem helps most of the time.

I have also had issues streaming full hi-res from Qobuz to my CCA. I’ve also found it to be a WiFi signal/bandwidth issue, not an issue with the D30 or CCA. Restarting my modem helps most of the time.

Does this happen only when using optical out or CCA by itself ? My issue is that it happens only when using CCA with the D30. CCA by itself is 100% glitch free. If Wifi was issue, I would think CCA by itself would also stutter.

Does this happen only when using optical out or CCA by itself ? My issue is that it happens only when using CCA with the D30. CCA by itself is 100% glitch free. If Wifi was issue, I would think CCA by itself would also stutter.

I am pretty sure the CCA is passing the higher signal when connected to a DAC that can process it, at least thats what my SMSL M8a is showing on the screen. The CCA taps out at 24/96 when it is the DAC. I would think your WiFi is only passing 24/96 to the CCA stand alone and when its hooked to your DAC it is trying to stream the higher rate, the DAC can handle it but your WiFi can't. :dunno:

Just speculating, its the conclusion I came to with the symptom recognition you described and experience with my WiFi.

Edit: mine is the ISP not my WiFi. When everyone "in front" of me gets home from work I start getting some cut outs, very weather (wet) related.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom