1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Topping DX3Pro

Discussion in 'DACs' started by Poultrygeist, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Poultrygeist

Poultrygeist Lunatic Member

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Dadbeh

Dadbeh Active Member

I might get one if and when massdrop starts selling them again. I have absolutely no no need for them and IV have 6 dacs but I will probably pick one up as I love the akm sound.

3. Poultrygeist

I also don't need another DAC but I put my name on the list for the massdrop.

4. Poultrygeist

It's up now for 4 more days at $175 with free shipping.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/topping-dx3-pro

To quote Amirm the DAC guru at Audio Science Review : "I have a choice of the DX7 and DX3Pro. And the one playing on my desk as I type this is the DX3Pro".

On the massdrop forum he says it's his favorite and he owns dozens of DAC's.

I've got a $25 credit at md so I'll probably order mine Monday.

The clicking issues some report won't affect my decision or how I plan to use it.

5. Poultrygeist

Last day of the drop so I ordered a DX3 Pro in silver. If it out performs my D30 I'll be ecstatic and I think it may. I'm not into headphones but I like the preamp function and extra gain you get with a DAC/amp combo. The volume control is digital and that's a major plus as it gives precise channel balance while adding no signature of it's own. With my $25 credit I paid $149.99. Hard to imagine you can get a high quality DAC with remote for that.

[​IMG]