Torn Between Two Covers

musichal

poet emeritus
Sympathy for the Devil - Rolling Stones

Symphony for the Devil / Sympathy for the Devil - Blood Sweat & Tears

First. Okay, the Stones version isn't really a cover, they wrote it. The thing is, we can't let that get in the way of a good thread title.

Second. Okay, I'm really not all that torn: I favor the BS&T. The thing is, we can't let that get in the way of a good title, either.

Third. I just prefer Torn Between Two Covers over

Which Version Do You Prefer?

Never heard BS&T version..will listen and report back
How about Streetheart's version of Under My Thumb?
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Great idea, vonclod! Let this be a general thread where we can compare covers, and choose favorites. I'll also have to get back to you on Streetheart after a listen, too.

Great idea, vonclod! Let this be a general thread where we can compare covers, and choose favorites. I'll also have to get back to you on Streetheart after a listen, too.
BS&T is pretty trippy so far, I'm digging it..much more complex arrangement:beerchug:

Stones for me

But I'm Torn Between Two Covers

For Whiskey In A Jar

I was raised on Thin Lizzy doing it and they really rock it, however I'v been hearing Metallica's version and think they really got it down. The thing is I'm not really a fan of Metallica and I feel like I'm cheating on Thin Lizzy, God rest Phil Lynott's soul...:oops:

Last edited:
One of my favorite covers..Voivod doing Pink Floyd's Astonomy Domine

Stones for me

But I'm Torn Between Two Covers

For Whiskey In A Jar

I was raised on Thin Lizzy doing it and they really rock it, however I'v been hearing Metallica's version and think they really got it down. The thing is I'm not really a fan of Metallica and I feel like I'm cheating on Thin Lizzy, God rest Phil Lynott's soul...:oops:
I have to agree..the video is pretty cool too, how about Turn The Page..another outstanding cover that goes well with the video

Never heard BS&T version..will listen and report back
How about Streetheart's version of Under My Thumb?

Great cover of Under My Thumb! Surprised me; I like it a lot. Gonna have to check out some more of this band. Suggestions?

I always thought Johnny Cash Hurt was much better than Nine Inch Nails..make me tear up.

One of the best covers done..Dillon wrote and performed it but said it was Jimmies song all along..it make the hair on my arms stand up to this day

How about Stevie Ray Vaughan'a cover of Little Wing..torn on that one for sure

How about The Wailin Jennys cover of Neil Youngs Old Man..another that makes the hair on my arm stand up

Heart did some killer Zeppelin covers

I have to go with BS&T on this one. They have been a favorite horn band of mine for years. And having played professionally in what you might loosely call a horn band for over twenty three years I guess I'm kind of biased. While the other sixty three other members of said horn band might agree with me on BS&T I might be outcast if they knew I do still have a special place in my heart for the Stones. Still wish they had kept Jerry fisher, but that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom