toshiba 3950

edwin

Could not find any toshiba 3950 in my country but what is available is the toshiba 2960 with the ff basic specs:

PAL & NTSC Progressive Scan
24 bit/192kHz Audio DAC
Multi-Format Compatible
Digital Photo Viewer
WMA/ MP3 Playback
DTS & Dloby Digital Compatible Output
Zoom-in/out Function

Would this be as good as the 3950 for audio playback? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hi Edwin,

The 3950 has not been available in stores for quite a while. It was replaced by the 3960 months ago. Have you looked for a 3960? I bought mine at Best Buy about six months ago. I haven't checked lately to see if they still are carrying that model.

You mentioned that they have a 2960. Are you sure you didn't just misread 3960 for 2960? The 3960 is a great player. I'm very happy with mine.

Good luck!
Clay

According to Toshiba's US site and the Singapore site, the Singapore 2960 appears to be the same as the US 3960, both in appearance and in specs listed. The main difference, that I can find, is that the 2960 is compatible with both PAL and NTSC, whereas the 3960 is NTSC only. Hope this helps.

Why ?

What is the difference between this model and something another manufacturer builds. I have a Pioneer DVD player I use for playing movies, and a Toshiba SD 3950 I use to play CDs. I can not tell the difference between the two. :confused:

I bought mine off of ebay over a year ago, I got it dirt cheap, I only paid a little over $30 total including S&H. :)

Thanks for your help . Ill get the 2960 and hope it sounds great for audio . Is there a difference between the 3950 and the 3960?

MorePower said:
What is the difference between this model and something another manufacturer builds. I have a Pioneer DVD player I use for playing movies, and a Toshiba SD 3950 I use to play CDs. I can not tell the difference between the two. :confused:

I bought mine off of ebay over a year ago, I got it dirt cheap, I only paid a little over $30 total including S&H. :)

The 3950/60 is supposed to have very good audio right out of ther box, (DVD play could be better) plus it has mods avalable on line that are supposed to make it even better. This is in comparason to many more expensive units.

Your basic econobox with good audio performance, instead of getting what you pay for... It doesn't always have to be expensive. Right up most AKer's alley. :banana:

Iv'e been looking for a decent deal on one (or 2) as I want to try a with, and without mods comparason.

Back
Top Bottom