Toshiba amp sb620 kinda blew me away (nudies!!)

canuckluck

Sb620 toshiba... It is blowing my mind

I am wondering if the music depth has anything to do with its low dampening factor (30)? I feel I am hearing instruments I didn't know existed before. Like a subtle subtle background in a Miles Davis recording.

I am do not know much but am curious the purpose for those metal radiatorsthat are growing out of the back of the amp. Cooling ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    37.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 90
Yes, those metal radiators are heatsinks. Their purpose is cooling.

But...I can't tell for certain from your pics, but I am not seeing any feet on the bottom side of the amp. Having the amp raised up by feet (or some other temporary method) is crucial for the convection cooling system to work. Air must be able to enter from below (those slotted vents on the bottom cover) so that it can rise up through the heatsinks. If the amp sits flat on a surface (or worse, on carpet or fabric) it will overheat and destroy itself.

That is a stout, impressive looking unit. Make sure it can breath.

Yes, those metal radiators are heatsinks. Their purpose is cooling.

But...I can't tell for certain from your pics, but I am not seeing any feet on the bottom side of the amp. Having the amp raised up by feet (or some other temporary method) is crucial for the convection cooling system to work. Air must be able to enter from below (those slotted vents on the bottom cover) so that it can rise up through the heatsinks. If the amp sits flat on a surface (or worse, on carpet or fabric) it will overheat and destroy itself.

That is a stout, impressive looking unit. Make sure it can breath.

I just took the feet off... As I was stripping it down. They are back on now... It is a quirky machine bit am grateful I found it...

As a very happy 420 owner, I am ashamed that I never realized there was a 620..or (gasp) an 820.
Now that my day has been ruined, congratulations, thats a pretty rare bird you have there.

I have the 620 receiver and it kept up in a double speaker setup with an SX-1250. Nice quality piece.

Back
Top Bottom