Toshiba SD6915?

I just ordered one from TigerDirect.com for $98.99 + $12 s&h. We'll see what it sounds like....

Not familiar with it, but I have the SD-900E, awesome for cd's, equipped with HDCD decoder and 'audiophile grade' components. So from my experience, I can only say great things of Toshiba equipment. However, you might get what you pay for, and I don't know how the cheaper Toshiba's would compare.

Sounds good!

I got it today and have only listened to some DVD-A discs so far, but I am quite impressed with the sound quality. This is replacing a three year old JVC XV-SA70 DVD-A single disc player. I have noticed some subtle sounds that I had not heard before with the JVC. The surround channels seem a bit less obtrusive, yet with more detail. I suspect that the D/A converter in the Toshiba is superior.

The build quality seems pretty cheap, though. The carousel moves in and out rather stiffly, at least compared to my only other changer, a Sony CA9ES CD changer, which is smooth and quiet. Changing from one disc to the next is noisier, too, than the 8 yr. old Sony changer. It does have a metal cover, which might benefit from damping material.

I ordered a couple of SACDs this morning....

Back
Top Bottom