TOTAL NEWBIE... HELP!

BlueB

Hello everyone. New to old HiFi; well, new to audio ANYTHING... Be patient.

So here goes... I've never owned any stereo/HiFi equipment and I've never been on a forum of any kind (I'm like a pawpaw).

I went crazy and got a bunch of old stuff on eBay (which I only discovered a month ago; yes, I'd known it existed, just never used it).

Went all Pioneer, it was shiny... shrug PL-530, TX-9500, SG-9500, SA-9500 and a set of CS-99a. I think I did okay price wise, but whatever; I'm having fun...

Anyway, I went to BestBuy and bought a bunch of cables, wires and what not.
Don't have a clue as to how to hook all this stuff up.

So here I am joining a forum to figure it all out, any help or guidance is genuinely appreciated...

Thanks Y'all!
B

yes, you should pretend you just bought all this gear new and of course you need the owners manuals so you can hook up all this gear correctly and know what all the switches do. jobrewrer is quite correct you open a free "hifi engine" account and down load the owners manuals and print them out so you can proceed. good luck. speaker wires should be stripped at their bitter ends and "tinned " with solder so that no "wild hairs" can cause shorts and disasterous damage. observe POLARITY and MAKE NO connections while powered up

Last edited:
When you do get it all hooked up and fire it up for the first time, make sure the volume knob is turned down! Enjoy your new hobby!

Back
Top Bottom