TOTL Cassette Deck ?

Kim G

After stumbling upon a near mint AU-717 and TU -717 awhile back, I'm beginning to get the itch for a matching cassette deck for this system. I found a SC-1110 on epay in mint condition for $150 BIN, is this a good deal or should I be looking for a different model. I would like to get as TOTL in Sansui black that I can afford. Any suggestions or got one laying around for cheap?

Thanks

Kim

Well, if its a Sansui cassette deck that you want, and a TOTL one at that to match your AU models, the model to look for is the SC-5330.

B/F

Thanks B|F

Thanks for the heads up on the model number, anyone what they normally go for ?

Thanks

Kim

Hmmm, I found this site almost by accident. Been researching systems as I want to add one to the remodeled MBR. Giving serious thought to another 717.

I have a near complete Sansui 717 setup myself in the family room. AU, and TU with a Marantz 6100 turntable. I'm the original owner, bought it with the Sansui rack back when.

I got mine with the SC 3110 tape deck. It's a single tape unit with dolby NR and 3 tape bias setting available.

That is the one piece I no longer need/want. I know it needs a head and a belt (or is it belts?) Other than that its in great shape with the handles for rack mounting. I'd be interested in offers if there is interest.

-Outlaw

SC-5330

FWIW I bought one on ebay in January 04 for $104. I took the rack handles off it for my BA-F1 (these handles are 1/4" higher than most AU/TU/SC handles). I put new belts on it and sold it for $129 sans the handles. Very nice deck, but I had no need for a cassette deck. They were manufactured in 1979/80 and had frequency response to 20Khz with metal tape.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom