Tour de France 2015 (expect spoilers)

Great TTT. I think Sky would have had it if they hadn't gotten a little ragged there at the end.

Quintana gets a bump, but still almost 2 minutes down. Kind of bummed for Nibali. I hope he can get back into the mix in the mountains.

Great TTT. I think Sky would have had it if they hadn't gotten a little ragged there at the end.

Quintana gets a bump, but still almost 2 minutes down. Kind of bummed for Nibali. I hope he can get back into the mix in the mountains.

Roche ran out of gas, and they had to slow to keep him in touch, IMO.

Fun starts tomorrow.

Just checked the stage profile, some cat 4s, ending with a monster HC at the end. The sprinters will be hurting, well they they all will be. Maybe another good day for Froome?

Very Lance-esque performance today.

Rooting for Gesink or Rolland for the polka dots. They might be given a little leash in a few stages if this keeps up.

Greipel back in green after the intermediate sprint. That was pretty cool.

It will be interesting to see how Froome performs today after burning those watts in excess yesterday. If he can spring back and stay in contention, then he's the man to beat, and we have our TDF Champion in the making.

It's obvious his mountain biking roots are helping him in the mountains, and like Armstrong, his climbing may just win him the race overall. In Triathlon (Lance's roots), it is often said that you can't win a Triathlon on the swim, but you can damn sure lose one on the swim. In the Tour, you can't lose the Tour in the Mountains, but you can damn sure win a Tour in the Mountains.

Froom still in yellow with just under a 3 minute lead. His team did what they had to do today to get him to the line safely with minimal loss on time. Wise riding from him and his team.

As Bob Roll said, Sell your Nibali stock NOW! He's not having a good TDF at all. Just doesn't have the fire this year. Doesn't even appear to have any glowing embers. But we have a long way to go, perhaps he can rally and come somewhere NEAR contention by Paris.

Another solid ride by Sky. Seems like a lot of the work on a day like this is making sure nobody dangerous gets into the break. I think the fireworks will be back tomorrow.

Froome's got it in the bag. Great stage today, tomorrow has the promise of being even better. Froome wants to win that stage to the Alpe D'Huez, my view is that he won't, but some champagne on the road to Paris might take the sting off.

Lots of talk about doping in the local newspaper. I'm not too interested in the Tour as it is - that makes it even less appealing.

There's no proof or even any evidence of any doping this year that I know of. Some people (speaking of your local paper that is) just like to report non-news.

I actually would like someone to unseat Froome. Not that I think he hasn't raced a good tour but I would like a bit more drama near the end.

The drama this year seems to happen in the positions just behind Froome.
I like following this edition.
And that yellow jersey isn't 100% safe yet. Fun!

The drama this year seems to happen in the positions just behind Froome.
I like following this edition.
And that yellow jersey isn't 100% safe yet. Fun!

I'd say that it is now, but a great race today nonetheless. Froome probably wanted to take on Quntana, but his team was likely yelling in his ear to be cool.
And without getting too Chauvinistic, Ryder H. has a good stage today.
A great tour this year, glad I watched a lot of it.

Back
Top Bottom