Transcendar transformers, are they still in business?

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by alextg89, Dec 29, 2018.

1. alextg89

alextg89 AK Member Subscriber

Hi AKers,

I'm trying to gauge prices and availability of a transformer for a Fisher X100b. I found the transcendar transformers site www.transcendar.com/replacement-vintage-transformers/fisher but I don't see any prices or links to order forms or contact info.

Am I blind? Does anyone know about this company and their transformers?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. rufleruf

rufleruf Poor Impulse Control Subscriber

I contacted Transcendar by email a little over a year ago - the response I got was they were not doing anything at the moment, but were planning to get back to it. They have some things listed on eBay that I suspect are all unsold stock from previous efforts. There are a couple threads on this here.

Regarding your X100B - do a search here and include looking for the KX100 - these transformers have been discussed at great length. I have a pair of 500B OPTs I'll be fitting to a KX100 that came to me with a bad opt and lost it's good one to an x100b I restored that also had a bad opt. OPT's from an early 400 (without the X at the end of the part number on the end bell) or 500B are probably your most cost effective fix.

I think Hammond transformers makes suitable OPTs too. http://www.hammondmfg.com/1608.htm

3. audmod01

audmod01 Super Member

My experience was basically the same as Matt's. For all intents and purposes, Transcendar is useless. They will not make a unit to order and I do not trust them to rebuild a defective OEM transformer. One company that I have dealt with in the past is Heyboer Transformer, but currently I cannot connect to their website (browser indicates an issue with cookies?). There is one other company, Transformer Rewinding Service, http://members.tripod.com/tubes_tubes_tubes/transformerrewindingservice/ and although their website is working, they indicate their company has been sold and a new owner should have the business up and running again by April 2019. Lets hope for the best. Recheck Heyboer Transformer Co. at another time to see if they are still active. Perhaps they have shut down for the holidays.

I wish you the best. This is a difficult area to deal with. You may be lucky enough to find an OEM transformer on eBay or Craig's List. Be patient and check frequently.

Joe

4. alextg89

alextg89 AK Member Subscriber

Thank you both. I'll update this post if I have news.

5. ncwalz

ncwalz AK Subscriber Subscriber

6. kward

kward AK Subscriber Subscriber

Heyboer's site works for me. Maybe try resetting your browser cache. (Cntl+F5 on Chrome).

Please register to disable this ad.

7. rufleruf

rufleruf Poor Impulse Control Subscriber

Trancendar has 3 X-100-B OPTs on eBay right now.