Transistor Substitution for (don't laugh) a Sanyo DCS-3500K

Discussion in 'Solid State' started by ringading, Sep 9, 2017.

1. ringading

ringading AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks for the pinout - that didn't come up in my google search. I have the SM now and it shows the pinouts.

I don't know what the gain is - the information in my previous post is the most i have been able to find. I will try the KSC945s - I have a couple but will need to pick up some more - there are 12 of them on this board and there aren't any other transistors here - just the capacitors and a couple of resistors which almost never go south.

Aside from the 537s, I can't imagine what else would be happening on this board. Will probably replace the handful of caps here as well while I have access to it. Thankfully it isn't hard to get to.

upload_2017-9-13_23-43-9.png

Oldsansui441 likes this.
  2. Oldsansui441

Oldsansui441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Yeah good idea to do all of the transistors and caps on this board while you have it out. I would be fairly confident that the KSC945's will work if the gain is similar but it will be a bit of a pain to have to cross the legs over for correct pinout.

All the best and let us know how it all goes.

3. redk9258

redk9258 Super Member

Would KSC945C be better? Suffix ā€œ-Cā€ means Center Collector (1. Emitter 2. Collector 3. Base)

Oldsansui441 likes this.
  4. Oldsansui441

Oldsansui441 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Good call redk9258 :thumbsup:, l had in the back of my mind that you could get some in that orientation but wasn't sure if it was the case for the KSC945's, obviously l didn't study the datasheet enough to see the mention of "C" suffix :rolleyes:. That would make life much easier for ringading's repair l am sure.