Travlin' Lite or Heavy?

Discussion in 'Listening Spaces' started by Old Guy8, Feb 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Old Guy8

Old Guy8 AK Subscriber Subscriber

We stay in Eagle River, WI area and ski over border in UP. We've had -25°F temps but this time was not the worst.
    The owner has had two major remodels after floods from broken or frozen pipes. That's a climate where furnaces can't quit for long or bad things happen.

2. Audio Fan

Audio Fan First Class, Second Hand Subscriber

-25 degrees! Sheesh, that is certainly weather for a good scotch, a big fire and good tunes. :beerchug:

3. xero-D-hero

xero-D-hero Super Member

Perfect weather for dragging out the class A amp(s),,,LOL... ;)

:D

Bret P.

Audio Fan likes this.
  4. Ooooh.... The revenge one could get on unruly neighbors with that! I'd park that bad boy in the alley behind the house next door (they throw 110+ dB parties on week nights with no concern about whether one has to go to work/school the next day...) and blow all of the f'ing windows out of the structure, garbage out of the yard, and criminals out of the basement with one track. And if the police showed up, they'd risk deafness while attempting to arrest me. :rockon:

5. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Active Member

i used to have a variety of portable 'systems' back in the day...but now i keep it as light as possible.

If i'm flying anywhere it's just a Sansa Clip mp3player ( about the size of a matchbook) and earbuds. I load it with music and several audio books and i'm good. I also bring the wire needed to hook it up to the aux. in a rental car. That and my iphone ( for streaming ) work just fine.

If we're driving , but staying in hotels, it's the same arrangement.

If we're staying for a week at a cabin in Maine, then i'll add my bose soundlink 3 to the above.

I'm a musician...so most of the time i can just enjoy the music that's in my head.